Whole game restarted

by HayleyScott29

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Whole game restarted

★★★ Newbie

Haven't play my Sims in maybe 3 weeks, I come back to see that my whole game has re started and my previous data/household/people and everything isn't there and it started from scratch- meaning I have to make new sims, new houses, new jobs everything!!!!!

Message 1 of 3 (332 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Whole game restarted

@HayleyScott29  Is it possible your Sims 4 user data folder, with your saves inside, was moved to OneDrive?  If the folder is moved, the game can't read it or any of its contents, and it will spawn a clean folder in the local version of Documents.  Please look in OneDrive and see if there's an Electronic Arts folder there with a Sims 4 folder inside.  If you find one, you can move it to your desktop, set OneDrive not to sync Documents (or disable it entirely, your choice), and then move this Sims 4 folder back where it belongs.

If you don't find any saves in OneDrive, open a File Explorer window, click This PC in the left panel, and search for Slot_* (with the asterisk).  That should turn up any saves on your computer, and they can be placed in the saves folder inside the Sims 4 user data folder.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (305 Views)

All Replies

@HayleyScott29  Is it possible your Sims 4 user data folder, with your saves inside, was moved to OneDrive?  If the folder is moved, the game can't read it or any of its contents, and it will spawn a clean folder in the local version of Documents.  Please look in OneDrive and see if there's an Electronic Arts folder there with a Sims 4 folder inside.  If you find one, you can move it to your desktop, set OneDrive not to sync Documents (or disable it entirely, your choice), and then move this Sims 4 folder back where it belongs.

If you don't find any saves in OneDrive, open a File Explorer window, click This PC in the left panel, and search for Slot_* (with the asterisk).  That should turn up any saves on your computer, and they can be placed in the saves folder inside the Sims 4 user data folder.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (306 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict Omg! It worked I must’ve clicked a few things and moved it around, thank you heaps absolute life saver!
Message 3 of 3 (297 Views)