What in Sam Hill happened to Sims 4 after that there horse ranchin' fiasco?

by OhYeah1111

Original Post

What in Sam Hill happened to Sims 4 after that there horse ranchin' fiasco?

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Base, Get to Work, Get Together, Eco Lifestyle, University, Strangerville, Vampires, Werewolves, Snowy Escape, Realms of Magic, High School Living, Dine Out, Paranormal, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Moschino, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Movie Hangout, Spooky Stuff, Ghoulish Guitar, Bathroom Clutter, Simtimates, Everyday Clutter, Pastel Pop, Bathroom Clutter, Desert Luxe, Modern Menswear, Little Campers, Blooming Rooms, Incheon Arrivals.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It happens EVERY STINKIN' TIME I LOG IN!!!
What happens when the bug occurs? It starts memory hogging---e.g.: it crashes my computer by taking up all the memory. It did not do that until the horse expansion was released. It looks like a really cool pack, though, & I want to get it when the game is repaired. When I am lucky enough to play a little, it blacks out the screen every few minutes, & I have to wave the curser around and stuff. I can't even play the game without a crash. Sometimes, it turns to a blank white screen. [ Also, is it effecting Microsoft Edge? It seems to make 20 edge tabs open in some mystery location for no reason. It makes no sense, it might be something else, but it didn't start happening until the horse pack released.]
What do you expect to see? All kinds of shenanigans...see above.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

RE: Custom Content

I did not install any mods or customization packs. However, I have saved a few customized Sim families & customized Sim buildings from the gallery. Could those have crashed my game? Please check. Maybe they have viruses or the like? 

Is there some kind of "file compression" issue on some of the newer packs? I'm really looking forward to the fun gameplay of them, but please fix the bugs/glitches so I can play again.

I'm normally not one of those cranky old bags that whines about everything. However, I really miss my Sims & would like to get back to playing again.

I appreciate your help. Thanks & have a nice day!

Message 1 of 2 (140 Views)

Re: What in Sam Hill happened to Sims 4 after that there horse ranchin' fiasco?

@OhYeah1111  Sims 4's memory management appears to be worse than it was a few months ago, for sure.  But it also appears that the problems are limited to certain in-game situations, or certain saves.  So please test a new save and let me know how the game runs, for comparison's sake.

Please also run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (95 Views)