Re: Sims 4 crashing issues.

by WalueShopping

Original Post

★ Novice

My Sims 4 shot down with this problem : http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/The-Sims-4-Crashing/td-p/3457407........................ HELP ME PLEASE 

Problem signature:
Problem event name: APPCRASH
The name of the application: TS4.exe
Version of the application: 1.0.625.10
Application timestamp: 53ed5fc4
The name of the module with the error: TS4.exe
Version of the module with the error: 1.0.625.10
The timestamp of the module with the error: 53ed5fc4
Exception code: 80000003
Exception offset: 00caec21
Version of the operating system: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale identifier: 1045
Additional information 1: 5add
Additional information 2: 5add11b9687f9d446d352e729ddcbda3
Additional information 3: be78
Additional information 4: be7835c99f08f10712fb85771a28433a

Problem signature:
Problem event name: APPCRASH
The name of the application: TS4.exe
Version of the application: 1.0.625.10
Application timestamp: 53ed5fc4
The name of the module with the error: TS4.exe
Version of the module with the error: 1.0.625.10
The timestamp of the module with the error: 53ed5fc4
Exception code: 80000003
Exception offset: 00caec21
Version of the operating system: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale identifier: 1045
Additional information 1: 5add
Additional information 2: 5add11b9687f9d446d352e729ddcbda3
Additional information 3: b40d
Additional information 4: b40df9d8ea2ca456fba709596f33240a

Message 51 of 116 (2,394 Views)

★ Novice

AFTER UPDATE :

Podpis problému:
Název události problému: APPCRASH
Název aplikace: TS4.exe
Verze aplikace: 1.0.677.20
Časové razítko aplikace: 540a88b9
Název chybného modulu: TS4.exe
Verze chybného modulu: 1.0.677.20
Časové razítko chybného modulu: 540a88b9
Kód výjimky: c0000005
Posun výjimky: 0007950c
Verze operačního systému: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
ID národního prostředí: 1029
Další informace 1: 68a9
Další informace 2: 68a9e4f1b457d83deaf98a450aeedf63
Další informace 3: 934f
Další informace 4: 934fd59138016c9d63f7b432d96114fa

Message 52 of 116 (2,386 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@ahtis89 wrote:

It did not help.

Not here either.. 

Message 53 of 116 (2,362 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Just linking my thread in here, with crashing issues: thread

I don't know if anyone is reading but I am going to keep updating it regardless. 

Message 54 of 116 (2,296 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

so apparently it doesnt matter if it gets fixed since origin got its cut.  i will figure out a way to return this game and just be done with it.  if you cant help and fix the problem, that your company caused by the way, then i just wont buy anything from origin again.  this will teach me to buy anything at launch again.  i cant believe you guys would rather pass the buck on the user than fix the problem.  i really enjoyed the ONE day i got out of playing.  

Message 55 of 116 (2,269 Views)

★ Novice

EA ruining games since 2000 Standard smile no surprise here. I just love the attitude of "Hey we got your money but the game is actually broken but we won't really care or do anything about it" and this is not the first time this happens.

Message 56 of 116 (2,189 Views)

★★★ Novice

Have they even came up with a fix for this yet beucase I have had so many issues from this game even before it realeased with EA customer service and not getting my game on time Im sick of it. The game was working like a dream, fast loads, no probelms what so ever. After the patch that was suppose to fix all the damn bugs it made the game even worse. I can't even play for 5 mins before it crashes! It works just find on create a sim and on the gallery but game play it shows my sims in there underwear outside, it lets then go to work and when they come home 5 mins later and i try to get them to cook or travel or do anything else it crashes. LIke seriously it was working just fine a few days ago. My laptop is just fine, Ive don'e the uninstall reinstall and nothing. I refuse to uninstall windows because windows is not the proble, if it was a windows error no other game would be working at all! Seriours EA $80 for the deluxe limited editon that already is a disappointment because of how many things you no longer can do in the base game unlike the Sims 3 and Im stuck with a game that no longer work for more then 5 mins with a tech support that has no idea whats going on either. Its a shame. I hope everyone has taken that survey and given you a piece of there mind because there so many unhappy people right now. 

Message 57 of 116 (2,166 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have done everything mentioned on the so called 'help' sites and nothing works!

Worked perfectly the day i bought it (6th sept).. second day i played it and it froze mid save then crashed.

Now i cant even get past the loading screen, it just crashes.

Ive changed/deleted folders, my comp is completely up to date on all aspects. My specs match up and then some. Ive run as administrator, ive disabled origin in gameplay and gone offline..

I'm getting seriously annoyed at this point. Paid A LOT of good money for this game and cant play the damn thing.

PLEASE EA/Sims geniuses fix this so we can all get on with our simming!!

Message 58 of 116 (2,108 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same issues, nothing works.

Specs: Dell Inspiron 1500, 8GB RAM, Win7 x64. The laptop has enough resources, everything is fully patched, drivers updated and SIMS4 is on the latest version.

My husband (an IT administrator) looked at the Windows Resource Monitor whilst starting the game in windowed mode, he noticed something interesting: The TS4.exe crashes every time after he sees the memory usage of the program increase to just under 4GB (about 3870MB). It does not matter whether the game is on pause, or on normal play speed or on high speed play. This is also reproducable and tested several times:

• When the game starts and you have to press play, the TS4.exe process stays at around 900MB memory usage
  • When the game is in the city overview, the TS4.exe process takes around 1100MB memory usage
  • When a household is entered (only one is created so far), the game starts paused, but the TS4.exe memory usage steadily increases to around 3870MB, and then it crashes. At around 3710MB the first hiccups start. At 3870MB, the TS4.exe permanently hangs and if you click on the game, the APPCRASH window appears.

To test if someone has something similar: Press Start->Run and type "resmon.exe". This starts the Resource Monitor, where you can see the memory usage of every process in detail in the memory tab. Start Sims4 in a windowed mode, go into your household (pause or not makes no difference) and watch TS4.exe memory usage rise. Once it reaches around 3963000KB memory, the game will crash.

Message 59 of 116 (2,061 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

@jaanne123 wrote:

Same issues, nothing works.

Specs: Dell Inspiron 1500, 8GB RAM, Win7 x64. The laptop has enough resources, everything is fully patched, drivers updated and SIMS4 is on the latest version.

My husband (an IT administrator) looked at the Windows Resource Monitor whilst starting the game in windowed mode, he noticed something interesting: The TS4.exe crashes every time after he sees the memory usage of the program increase to just under 4GB (about 3870MB). It does not matter whether the game is on pause, or on normal play speed or on high speed play. This is also reproducable and tested several times:

• When the game starts and you have to press play, the TS4.exe process stays at around 900MB memory usage
  • When the game is in the city overview, the TS4.exe process takes around 1100MB memory usage
  • When a household is entered (only one is created so far), the game starts paused, but the TS4.exe memory usage steadily increases to around 3870MB, and then it crashes. At around 3710MB the first hiccups start. At 3870MB, the TS4.exe permanently hangs and if you click on the game, the APPCRASH window appears.

To test if someone has something similar: Press Start->Run and type "resmon.exe". This starts the Resource Monitor, where you can see the memory usage of every process in detail in the memory tab. Start Sims4 in a windowed mode, go into your household (pause or not makes no difference) and watch TS4.exe memory usage rise. Once it reaches around 3963000KB memory, the game will crash.

Have you heard anything from EA or made any further progress? This seems roughly consistent with what I'm seeing as well. It's not that the game's running out of memory, because I never get close to maxing out the RAM, but nevertheless it always crashes with about the same amount of RAM in use. That may be a red herring, or it may be something.

Either way I'd like to hear a response from EA on this or I'm going to have to see if Origin's Great Game Guarantee is more than lip service.

Message 60 of 116 (2,039 Views)