Sims 4: No Build icon

by LisaCybergirl

Original Post

Sims 4: No Build icon

★★★ Novice

I don't have a Build icon in my upper right corner (or anywhere else for that matter). I can create Sims, but can't build them a house.

I'm running The Sims 4 free version through Origin, on a PC laptop with plenty of memory and disk space. Does the free version not include Build mode?

Message 1 of 3 (301 Views)

Re: Sims 4: No Build icon

Champion (Retired)

Place your Sims in the World either on an empty lot or a premade house then you will have the build icon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 3 (299 Views)

Re: Sims 4: No Build icon

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Even if you obtained the game for free it should still have 100% of it's features.

You can build on a lot in 2 ways:

• From the neighbourhood view
    1. Choose the neighbourhood you want
    2. Click on the lot you want to build
    3. In the very bottom right of the screen, an icon of a hammer and spanner crossing over each other will appear. Click that
  • From "live mode"
    1. Click the play icon to control your sims on the lot you have moved them into
    2. In the top right you should see the same hammer and spanner icon, click that, or you can press F2 which will let you build
Message 3 of 3 (287 Views)