Moving saves not working

by Perewinkle32

Original Post

Moving saves not working

★★ Novice

I'm trying to move my saves from one folder to another after reinstalling Sims 4 after not playing for about 3 years. The folders are totally different from what I am used to. I tried moving my "Saves" and "Tray" folder into the new "The Sims 4" folder that was created in my drive, but when I open the game, I only have the option for playing a new game.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a new method I didn't read about? Any help is appreciated!!

Message 1 of 6 (310 Views)

Re: Moving saves not working

Champion (Retired)

@Perewinkle32 

You can not just decide to create a folder yourself. The game only use the folder that it creates. You can move the entire Documents folder to another drive if you want.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 6 (290 Views)

★★ Novice
@jpkarlsen
I am using the folder the game created. It created the "The Sims 4" folder on my drive
Message 3 of 6 (282 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Perewinkle32 

Then moving the contents of your old saves folder to the new one will work.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 6 (258 Views)

★★ Novice
@jpkarlsen
That's the problem... I move the folders and none of the saves appear in the game
Message 5 of 6 (227 Views)

@Perewinkle32  Your computer should have two "The Sims 4" folders, one that contains the game's program files (what Origin installs) and the other that contains user content.  You need to move your saves to the latter folder.  If you're not sure which folder the game itself is using, here's how to find it:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2018/07/how-to-find-your-user-folder/

If you're not sure what you're looking at, or you want more specific instructions, please post screenshots of the contents of the folders you're working with, as in, I want to see the list of files inside each folder.  Include the address bar (above the files) in the screenshot.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 6 (215 Views)