I can not start a new saved game are play any of my other saved games.

by sims302011

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I can not start a new saved game are play any of my other saved games.

★★★ Newbie

I can not Start a new saved game I can create an hose hold but i can not go further than that. I Also am not able to play any of my saved games.

Message 1 of 2 (113 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I can not start a new saved game are play any of my other saved games.

@sims302011  As a test, please try playing in a clean user folder.  Move the entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  If the folder copies rather than moving, or if you get an error when trying to move it, stop here and let me know.

Otherwise, when you launch the game, if it launches, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  (Your saves and other content will be intact in the folder you moved but temporarily not read by the game.)  Don't add anything to the new folder yet; just let me know whether you can get far enough to start a new save and play in live mode for a bit.

If this doesn't help, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Please also let me know what antivirus you use.  And I'd like to know whether OneDrive is running, even if you never use it, and how full it is.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (96 Views)

All Replies

Re: I can not start a new saved game are play any of my other saved games.

@sims302011  As a test, please try playing in a clean user folder.  Move the entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  If the folder copies rather than moving, or if you get an error when trying to move it, stop here and let me know.

Otherwise, when you launch the game, if it launches, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  (Your saves and other content will be intact in the folder you moved but temporarily not read by the game.)  Don't add anything to the new folder yet; just let me know whether you can get far enough to start a new save and play in live mode for a bit.

If this doesn't help, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Please also let me know what antivirus you use.  And I'd like to know whether OneDrive is running, even if you never use it, and how full it is.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (97 Views)