EA app has moved my Sims game filepath

by katejc90

Original Post

EA app has moved my Sims game filepath

★ Novice

I played the Sims last night, when I opened EA App today, suddenly I don't have a play option, only a Download option. 

Looking at my mods folder, it seems EA has created a new file path and is saving the Sims to EA Desktop instead of where it was before - Electronic Arts . 

Has this happened to anyone else and can I change reverse this somehow or do I have to redownload my entire Sims catalogue (every single pack) and hope my saves/trays and CC is saved in the old file path and move them over ? 

Message 1 of 5 (272 Views)

Re: EA app has moved my Sims game filepath

Champion (Retired)

@katejc90 

When downloading with the EA App the game including all DLC is installed to Program Files\EA Games. The user files where you will find your mods folder will be in the same location as always. Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 5 (242 Views)

★ Novice

Are you able to clarify why suddenly I have to download my entire Sims library again? It just disappeared overnight. It was fine yesterday, even shows how many hours plays and when last played, but now breeds downloading again?

Message 3 of 5 (230 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@katejc90 

Sorry I have no idea what caused your game to be uninstalled.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 5 (212 Views)

@katejc90  Where is Sims 4 installed?  Please open the EA App game library, click Sims 4, select Manage > View properties, and you'll see the full file path there:

image-10.png

Please also list the full file path to the Sims 4 user folder as it appears in-game.  This is a completely separate folder from the one above.  Here's how to find it:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2018/07/how-to-find-your-user-folder/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 5 (187 Views)