Custom Content gone!

by pocketbear

Original Post

Custom Content gone!

★ Novice

Hi, I went in to my game to resume working on a house I'm building for my game and received the following pop up message:

One or more items may not be installed on your computer or the EA Account that is currently logged in does not own these items. 22 Build Mode items have been removed.

In reality, all of my downloaded custom content is missing, not just Build Mode items. These were all CC that I rightfully could download with my paid subscription to that particular website (TSR).

This has all transpired since the Origin update. I'm pretty new to the Sims 4 so I'm rather befuddled as to what to do. Can someone help explain what I need to do to get my custom content to show back up in my game. 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3 (1,018 Views)

Re: Custom Content gone!

@pocketbear  I've moved your post to the Sims 4 PC tech forum.

When the game is updated, mods and custom content are disabled automatically; you need to reenable them from the Main Menu, quit, and reload to get your items to reappear.  Does this fix the issue?  If you already saved with the content missing, you can restore a backup save from within the game and check.

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/save-games/#wiederherstellen

If this isn't the issue, some of your custom content may be outdated after the patch.  You'll need to remove the old files and download new ones; whether you need to re-add the items to your saves will depend on whether you saved with the content missing or not.

By the way, none of this has anything to do with your paid subscription to TSR.  Additionally, Sims 4 mod and cc creators are supposed to offer their work for free, according to EA's rules.  (It's kind of complicated, but they can charge for new work as long as they offer it for free after a short period of time.)  So it's not necessary to pay for any third-party content.  You can of course, if it's easier for you to skip the TSR ads or you'd like to support your favorite creators.  It's just not required.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (996 Views)

Re: Custom Content gone!

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thanks for your help. I've bookmarked your response for future reference. I ended up deleting all of my custom content and I'm downloading it again. I guess I should have clarified that my paid subscription to TSR was to eliminate the onslaught of ads. Boy, things sure are a lot different with Sims4 than they were when I was such a prolific builder in Sims2. Thanks again.
Message 3 of 3 (955 Views)