I own a CD version of Simcity 4 deluxe edition. Can I redeem it on Origin?

by francoisherisse

Original Post

I own a CD version of Simcity 4 deluxe edition. Can I redeem it on Origin?

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I have a CD version of Simcity4 deluxe edition. I cannot run it on Windows 10. Is is possible to play it on Origin?

Thanks, 

F

Message 1 of 3 (722 Views)

Re: I own a CD version of Simcity 4 deluxe edition. Can I redeem it on Origin?

Moved to Simcity boards. Standard smile
Zeel

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 2 of 3 (704 Views)

Re: I own a CD version of Simcity 4 deluxe edition. Can I redeem it on Origin?

Hero (Retired)

Hi @francoisherisse - If you've had the CD for a while and purchased it new & unopened, you may be able to register the games in Origin. See this for more info: Origin - Redeem your product and promotional codes However, since SimCity 4 is a legacy game, Origin may not recognize the promo codes. If it won't take, you'll need to contact EA support and ask them to add it to your account. They will probably ask for some kind of purchase verification. **see below for more info

If you bought the CD in a used condition, it's likely that the codes were already registered on Origin and therefore would not be transferable to your account. Once a game is registered in Origin, the promo code cannot be sold or transferred to another person's account. If this is the case, I would suggest returning to the seller and explaining that you can't use it.

**Be aware that EA Help support options are temporarily limited due to the current pandemic: https://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-General-Questions/IMPT-Support-Options-Update/m-p/8864042#M334946 Be patient, as there can be a wait time involved, particularly with account issues that need direct contact. Phone support is currently closed, and the live chat can experience longer queue times. English Support hours are reduced to 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m, UTC Monday - Saturday 

You can also contact the team via Facebook or Twitter at any time. 

Message 3 of 3 (660 Views)