Re: 'Failed to connect'

by windcheat3r

Original Post

Re: 721 Error

★ Apprentice

@EA_Barry @EA_Atic 

Crickets. Still no solution for this issue. Like @Puddle_Nails78 and @windch3ater and what appears to be a growing number of players, I haven't been able to play online in about two weeks. I've never game-shared or signed on with a different account or any of the the canned responses I've received from tech support. I've gone through every troubleshooting recommendation, I've spoken to my ISP, I've spoken to EA on the phone. All to no avail. I have a regular squad of four players (mix of PC and PS) all experiencing the same problem. Error 721. I literally bought a console so that I could play this one game. Had a good two month run, I guess. What a disappointment.

Message 41 of 59 (1,438 Views)

Message 42 of 59 (1,370 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice

Anything Puddle Nails?

Have you been able to connect?

Message 43 of 59 (1,256 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Assume this is still not working for all of these people?

Message 44 of 59 (1,127 Views)

★ Apprentice

So.. today is the first day I tried to log in in awhile and was hitting error 721... but my internet is fine so I tried again.  Started googling, landed here.  Then it dawned on me.. I have origin installed on my computer because I have several game purchased through the origin store, even though Squadrons is on steam.    So I ran the Origin client and it downloaded an update.   Next time I loaded the game I was able to connect.   So.. PC users, at the very least, update your Origin client, even if you bought the game on steam

Message 45 of 59 (976 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks @HeadwarP - have  updated and done the same.

Still 721/1066 errors.

Message 46 of 59 (897 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I found a “solution” to this. More a workaround than anything.

Apparently there is a conflict between the connections of a PC SWS and a Console SWS.

For me the ONLY thing that resolved the error was to disable the cross play in the EA Account menu in the game. After that you can go back to the menu and it will connect and keep it stable. If you turn it on after it will crash randomly, more likely after joining a match. If this happens then the only way to go back to connecting is to disable crossplay and restart the game.

Ive already reported this behaviour to EA which simply closed my ticket as FIXED.

OBVIOUSLY ITS NOT. Crossplay is a big part of the MP experience in this game, so having to deny it is outrageous to be considered a “fix”.

To anyone having this issue, I hope this will help you.

To EA, GET YOUR BOYS WORKING SERIOUSLY ON THIS. People are passionate about this saga and is just unbelievable that a company with this size couldn’t realise this problem (and fix) by themselves. Shame on your big and inefficient corporation.

Message 47 of 59 (838 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Watzfuden Yeah, a number of us have tried that already with no dice. Frown
Thank you for contributing though.

Even when I do that I never get matched and eventually get the 1066 error.

Message 48 of 59 (786 Views)

★★★ Novice

@HeadwarP - tried that this weekend, still won't get around the error.
Tried on both regular and other PC I put together to troubleshoot.

Message 49 of 59 (784 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@windch3aterThat's unfortunate. I stumbled across this thread when I started googling and thought it was the same issue, but like I say when I opened the stand alone origin client and allowed it to update, logged in then closed it I was able to connect with the steam version again. Sorry it didnt help.

Message 50 of 59 (775 Views)