Re: Max ranks vs chompers

by spIash_damage

Original Post

Max ranks vs chompers

★★★★★ Guide

I made a post a while back on tips for cactus play based on a member here messaging me after a match on xbox one. 

I enjoyed sharing my knowledge so I figured I would do the same to a question answered in regards to the title I answered on Reddit earlier today.

When attacking try not to use your burrow in fact, do your best not to. Try sneaking up on zombies from the side or behind and maneuver your way around their front side, goop them and chomp 4-5 times for the vanquish or use your abilities,( fire, toxic, etc...). Do NOT walk up, goop a zombie head on and then walk all the way around to their back side to digest. If you absolutely have to digest; perhaps you are using standard goop and not the green goop so they are shooting back at you, simply goop, walk right up in front of them, spike weed and digest.  A  1.0 vanquish ratio is suicide chomping so be stealthy and pick 1 v 1 battles to avoid this ratio. When attacking in the above manner you leave yourself with burrow for an escape but DO NOT use it unless you absolutely have to. Instead find the next zombie and repeat. I always like to  move from cover to cover picking off one by one and would recommend the same. On turf with fast moving teams you may have to get behind them once they've taking over the garden to pick off a few that way. Sneaking up on a bolt blaster and planting a spike weed ( not vamp) will provide a tasty digestive snack. Also an incoming pirate in a barrel. Don't run because an ignited pirate barrel is faster than anything, instead go towards them spike weed, (cancelling their barrel) and digest. There are other ways to level up. multi-portal, solo, seeds of time, sun flowers v scientist. (look up). Garden Ops works too. Set on Normal and open so others can join but if not its OK. Keep all pots full. Your plants will yield 20xp per vanquish and you will only yield 10xp per vanquish. Let your pots do the bulk of the work just hanging around the garden battling who ever makes it your way. You can easily pick up 50-100 extra vanquishes with pots/bots totaling between 1000-2000 additional xp. With a freshly promoted or new character you can easily rank up five levels in one match. The higher you rank up the more xp is required so it may take more than two round to get a full promotion but you get the jest. I want to say there were two chompers that I did not level up in multiplayer, Armor and Chomp thing and tried these methods as well as solo vanquish confirmed>plants attack>zombie invasion on easy. You get 50xp for vanquish 50 for orb and 100 for revive. The matches are fast and feels more like multiplayer. Hope this helps!!

There are so many knowledgeable people here willing to help so please feel free to ask about game play on any characters.

Message 1 of 6 (639 Views)

Community Manager

@FootSoldier9908 

Thanks for taking time out to write up these tips! Standard smile 

See you out in the garden this weekend.

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 6 (582 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Sure thing!

Message 3 of 6 (574 Views)

[ Edited ]

Here are a couple examples of skilled chomper play from a former forum contributor..  Swallowing is fine depending on your situational awareness and familiarity with chompers.  You can see here that swallowing can be an balanced part of a hotrod chomper's diet, in order to exploit the speed boost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIZAspQEf90

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsEUvWG3E-o

Also amply demonstrated is the support role that a good chomper can play via goop.

Message 4 of 6 (566 Views)

★★★ Guide

The only good chomper is a dead chomper! Standard smile

Message 5 of 6 (552 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@pandareno1999  can you imagine me and your buddy chompin the same plant team...!?  Good stuff.  I dig those vids.

The other day, I caught a kid stacking teams regularly (one round was as bad as 2v7 and even 2v8 for a minute).  I decided I would frag him on the following round with no chomps (or attempt to do so) and as fate would have it, I caught him just after capturing our home zone/at the start of the match:

Message 6 of 6 (518 Views)