Dev Update on GW2 Live Service

by Shaun_Popcap

Original Post

Re: Dev Update on GW2 Live Service

★★★★ Guide

Out of all the third-person shooter PvZ games, GW2 is still the best one to go for. GW1 is a similarly good game, and one which introduced us to the TPS world in the PvZ franchise.

Message 11 of 136 (2,718 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the update

Why not keep the portal open permanently with a playlist of all the modes it had in the past?

Message 12 of 136 (2,709 Views)

★★★★ Guide

RIP Garden Warfare2 Devil

Such a shame, GW2 is so much better then Neighborflop.

Better start working on Garden Warfare 3 now!!

Message 13 of 136 (2,653 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Shaun_Popcap 

I only discovered GW2 in early 2018 and it was my very first shooter, in fact my very first ever game that I played for more than a week or so.... I loved it.... so much I even got to max rank Large smile
A very special and much loved game that will always be that way for me Standard smileHeart
Thanku so much to you and the team for giving us such a unique, special and fun experience, it is one that I will never forget and will be close to my heart always HeartStandard smile
I wish you guys all the best of luck with this franchise and hope it continues to be successful. The PVZ community has a lot of ardent fans out here  willing you onto success Large smile

I am very glad that GW2 is only going into semi retirement support wise but would ask that you release all special hats needed for sticker book completion to Rux to allow newer players to collect the necessary items..... and that some way is worked out to allow people to complete the achievements involved... to not be able to achieve these is very frustrating for people.
Thanku in advance Large smile

Message 14 of 136 (2,632 Views)

Champion

The memories of GW2 … I'm sure many of us had, having played GW2 was mostly fun for many players, sometimes a rough time, but it was all part of the gameplay. There was so much to explore and do, and many variants. I'm glad the game is still going to be looked at and updated every now and again (such as still adding new mystery portal events). So good luck for GW2 and hope it still remains a busy game for a long time! 

Message 15 of 136 (2,599 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

As someone with over 2000 hours in GW2 I was hoping to see it have support for a very long time. I still jump in to keep my multiplier up and do a few simple quests (instead of ALL of them every time like I used to do). I enjoyed GW1 a lot but GW2 just felt more alive and was easier to enjoy solo than GW1 was. I can't stress enough how much I enjoy this series and especially the 2nd game, I have so much more fun here than in other multiplayer team-based shooters.

I'm glad Rux and the portal aren't gone, even if they're limited now. But some people need to get those portal only achievements so limited portals will be problematic for many. Even more of a concern is that without community challenges, some people won't be able to get the hats. A lot of us have this all done, but I know some don't so I'd hate to see them be unable to acquire these things. I would like to see Rux sell the community hats so everyone who wants to get them still can if the challenges are over.

I know some have gone back to GW2 over their issues with BfN and similarly, some went back to GW1 after being unsatisfied with GW2, while some play 2 or all 3 games to this day. I don't think BfN will feel the loyalty that the 2 GW games have until and unless it has a lot of work done first. 

Personally while I enjoy BfN, there's no doubt it needs a lot of work to really feel as good as GW2 did. The next patches really need to address the most glaring problems and deficiencies that BfN suffers from. I still feel BfN has massive potential but it's fallen short after how much many of us enjoyed GW2 and GW1. Some of these issues really need to be fixed sooner rather than later (Ops need work, 12v12 for TT again, basic movement/aim mechanisms need to be addressed as 3 core issues off the top of my head), or it will be a very rough road ahead.

Message 16 of 136 (2,586 Views)

★ Guide
@Shaun_Popcap No more community challenges? Lame. Now legendaries are going to be impossible to unlock for most people who don't have massive stacks of coins stored up.
Message 17 of 136 (2,534 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@Shaun_PopcapThis is a trash why to treat the community, especially since the game was recently free and many people did not get a chance to do all of the events. Many people would still like to do the events/get all the achievements. You did not even give us a heads up until its too late. You did not even post the correct events for half of this year. I hope others join me and don't move on to Neighborville. This is EA at its finest.

The only way to save from the backlash you would get is to bring back those events/community challenges for at least a short time, or find a way to give us credit instead of just discontinue it and screw us all over.

I am legit one community event chest away from getting every achievement in the game.... So thanks for that.... I probably wont play another Garden Warfare game ever again.

Message 18 of 136 (2,491 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
They could have at least give some packs with all stickers at the store so we could buy it.
Message 19 of 136 (2,488 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the heads up. I implore you to please bring back Boss Hunt event one more time. The last time I tried several times and got through normal but not the other two difficulties. There were issues with freezing  and crashing sometimes too. I get the feeling many others will be asking you the same. Just give us one more chance to get it done before March. Thanks!!!!

Message 20 of 136 (2,475 Views)