EA FORUMS DEAD?!

by MXRACER1988

Original Post

Accepted Solution

EA FORUMS DEAD?!

★★★★ Apprentice

How come there's no longer any replies or posts from anyone. Noone plays NFS anymore? Not even mods?

Message 1 of 4 (543 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: EA FORUMS DEAD?!

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

forums.ea.com was over a year ago. It now redirects to origin, which redirects to answers.ea.com. The old forums.ea.com included sections for the older games. Then it started shutting down in phases. In April 2016, all of the PC game sections were disabled (although moderators stated they could still access them). In September 2016, forums.ea.com was shut down completely, with no forwarding, but after a day or so, it was changed to redirect to Origin, which is what it does today.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (506 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

forums.ea.com was over a year ago. It now redirects to origin, which redirects to answers.ea.com. The old forums.ea.com included sections for the older games. Then it started shutting down in phases. In April 2016, all of the PC game sections were disabled (although moderators stated they could still access them). In September 2016, forums.ea.com was shut down completely, with no forwarding, but after a day or so, it was changed to redirect to Origin, which is what it does today.

Message 2 of 4 (507 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Still. Why are these forums so dead? I see talk about older games but no reply to my posts about playing with me.

Message 3 of 4 (498 Views)

★ Guide

In my case, I don't own any consoles, only a PC, and consoles are part of the problem, at least in the USA, since there are a variety of consoles in addition to PC, that splits up the number of players for any EA title into groups based on what console they use, or if they use a PC. The older games were mostly PC, but the servers are shut down except for NFS Carbon, and few players are doing multi-player events on the older but more recent titles like Shift or Undercover.

In the case of Shift 2, the chat feature was completely removed, so players can't chat even while waiting in a "lobby" for  an event. Without any form of communication between players, the experience, is like playing offline, but with other players controlling the AI. This is probably the main reason that relatively few players ever played Shift 2 online.

Message 4 of 4 (487 Views)