Re: Live the Life Called Up To NHL glitch

by SzuperSkillz

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

@bfcscc wrote:

I contacted EA via on-line chat and the phone but they had no fix (and denied the problem). However, afterwards I got an invitation to fill out a survey about their tech support. On the survey, I let them have it pretty good. Surprisingly I then got an e-mail from someone at ea.com who was articulate and familiar with the issue I was having. I sent a full description and links to forums reporting the problem, including this one. She said she would talk to her colleagues and get back to me. With the holiday, it took a bit but she eventually responded.

They say that your player gets left in the AHL because his player rating is not as good as the worst player on the NHL squad. They claim that if you keep playing in the AHL until you get your player rating up (presumably into the low to mid-80s?), when the next call up occurs, you will in fact get moved. I don't know if this jibes with everyone else's experience, but I do know that my player only has a player rating of 71. So, I'm going to keep toiling away in the AHL to get my rating up. By the way, I'm guessing I'm getting demoted to the 3rd line of the AHL team because two other centers on my AHL team have better ratings than my player.

I suggested that they acknowledge the problem and issue a patch. They responded that the game is working as intended. I find it hard to believe that having the game's decision rules mysteriously contradict my NHL club's GM without explanation is intended, but that is their sttory, and they are sticking to it. 

I'm working my way through an OHL season and I truly hope this does not happen.  If it does, I will probably go your route and try to raise hell with customer support.  EA, please address this issue!

Do you recommend that I keep playing my OHL season?  It's sounding like this is happening consistently enough that I should expect it...

Message 21 of 32 (11,506 Views)

★★★ Newbie

In live the life i played 2 seasons in CHL, both times i got drafted in the 1st round. Always get told that i have a guaranteed spot in the team. Win all of the preseason games with A grades in everything and my overall is 92.

Always get sent back down to CHL because "my play is good but i need to be more consistent"

This is ridiculous. What now? Oh, and the game will still sometimes hang the whole ps3 system when trying to play the last preseason game.

Message 22 of 32 (11,501 Views)

★★★ Novice

Have any of you tried to do this: save the game before the beginning of the training matches.
To download it again and try different settings / sliders.
Try all the version of the sliders. Working with none?

I will try this now, when I get to the end of this season, and I get to start training matches.
Sliders are 1.00 1.01 and 1.02. If I do not get to play the NHL no choice, then be forced to start a Be A Pro NHL  (that sucks)

In older versions of the same problem was also exactly the slider.
Message 23 of 32 (11,486 Views)

★★★ Novice

Now it happen! I'll play from now on the NHL league.
5 seasons the OHL and 3 times the NHL's practice matches. (3,4,7 games)

I think this will this year's game is necessary to play three practice matches during the period. This is the reason why the NHL will not be easy to get to.

People give a lot of feedback, the game will be too easy. Yes, the game is easy, but in the NHL are difficult to access.

So now I'm playing 1.01 slider. This slider is much more difficult than 1.02 (maybe 20%).

How long can I do to stay in the NHL? : D

Message 24 of 32 (11,437 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same problem, playing on xbox 360, difficulty level: Pro. 

I started playing Live the Live - Starting in the NHL. After a couple of pre-season games I was told by the management that i was garantueed for a place on the roster on the team. But when The pre-season was finished (undefeated) I was sent down to the AHL. I played several agmes working my way up to the first line and then called by the management who said that I was to be sent up to the big boys - but instead I was still playing in AHL but now on the 3rd line.

This happened once more. told to be called up, but instead bumped down to third line. I worked my way up again to first line - leading in point, goals, assists and +/- in the leauge. and nothing happened for a long time. But suddenly I was actually to play in the NHL. I played a game - one goal one assist good scores over all - but was sent down to AHL again after the game.

Now I have played on the first line in the NHl for a very long time, but nothing happens. I cant trade either cuz the management doesn't think I'm good enough to have a value on the market. (Still leading in goals, assists, points, +/-).

This is surley a bug, not a feature. I would understand if EA said - we are going to make it harder for firt time drafts to stay on the roster - but if that was the case, then the AHL management wouldn't say that you were to be called up to the majors - and instead bump you to third line. It wouldn't make sense to have the option "start in the nhl" id this infact was more or less impossible. 

It's frustrating to play when you feel that there is no point. Feel like the game was a waste of money. Is this what has become of EA? Selling unfinished buggy games, not to miss a big selling season and letting the fans pay for it. If that's their business model now - I don't want to be a part of it. 

All I want from EA is recognition - tell us that you understand and are adressing the issue,  and that we will be able to keep our XP, once you figure out how to solve it.

Message 25 of 32 (11,419 Views)

★★★ Novice

^try other sliders.Maybe 1.01 or 1.00 is better.

i play 1.01 and one broblem..After every game,game ask me: "whats wrong,you lose pucks too much" i lose 0 pucks three game straight. :D

Fortunately, this issue does not affect my playing in the NHL.

Message 26 of 32 (11,412 Views)

★★ Novice

Some of the posts aren't very clear, but it is possible that we are not all talking about the same issue. Therefore, what ends up being a solution for one of us won't necessarily work for all of us.

As a follow up to my previous post, as I had mentioned, I was told (via e-mail) that the overriding of the GM's offer to call me up from the AHL to the NHL (in Live the Life) was due to my player's player rating and that I would have to build that up significantly, getting a player rating higher than a player on the NHL club, before any call up would be executed. 

This isn't true. I was recently called up to the NHL with a player rating still in the low 70s, worse than many players on the AHL squad let alone the NHL squad. So, the "solution" proposed by EA seems inaccurate (and I still don't believe the suggestion that the Live of the Life mode is working as intended is true either). 

Interestingly enough, I got called up without getting any message from the GM. Instead, I got interviewed by the media asking how it felt to have my next game be my NHL debut. Sure, enough, the next game I was the 3rd line center on the NHL club. Since then I have worked my way up from the 3rd to the 2nd and then the 1st line. My player rating is still very low, but the game seems to be responding to recent performance -- as it did in previous years -- rather than player rating.

Message 27 of 32 (11,382 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

bfcscc:

So has your issue been resolved?  For the character to which you are referring, did they have prior troubles with getting bounced down to the AHL team repeatedly?

As you have already mentioned in your post, it seems like the game is now considering your past performance instead of using pure rating.  Of course, this is all speculation on our part, since we do not know exactly what the game is doing.

I am very simply curious about this as I have finished my OHL regular season games and I'm just now starting the OHL playoffs.  Knowing what may or may not happen is important to me.  I don't want to get frustrated or disappointed if I get drafted in the first round (which I most absolutely will given my performance) but get immediately bumped down to the AHL.  I do feel a bit more at ease, however, since it sounds to me like the game is back to working as intended (perhaps?).

Edit:  I would like to follow up to my post.  My character performed fantastically in the OHL with the Erie Otters and was drafted first overall in the NHL draft to the New York Islanders.  I performed well in the pre-season games and was placed on the third line.  I quickly worked my way up to the first line.  I have now played slightly more than half of my rookie season with them with no problems.  I have not simmed any games in my OHL season and have not simmed any games in my NHL season.  I don't know if this edit helps anyone, but at least for me, getting kicked down has not been an issue.  What has been an issue was significant attribute point loss (99 to 36 durability possibly because of an off-ice event bonus), but that is outside of the scope of this thread.

Message 28 of 32 (11,327 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@bfcscc wrote:

Some of the posts aren't very clear, but it is possible that we are not all talking about the same issue. Therefore, what ends up being a solution for one of us won't necessarily work for all of us.

As a follow up to my previous post, as I had mentioned, I was told (via e-mail) that the overriding of the GM's offer to call me up from the AHL to the NHL (in Live the Life) was due to my player's player rating and that I would have to build that up significantly, getting a player rating higher than a player on the NHL club, before any call up would be executed. 

This isn't true. I was recently called up to the NHL with a player rating still in the low 70s, worse than many players on the AHL squad let alone the NHL squad. So, the "solution" proposed by EA seems inaccurate (and I still don't believe the suggestion that the Live of the Life mode is working as intended is true either). 

Interestingly enough, I got called up without getting any message from the GM. Instead, I got interviewed by the media asking how it felt to have my next game be my NHL debut. Sure, enough, the next game I was the 3rd line center on the NHL club. Since then I have worked my way up from the 3rd to the 2nd and then the 1st line. My player rating is still very low, but the game seems to be responding to recent performance -- as it did in previous years -- rather than player rating.

I have had the same problem as you and had the same exact thing happen.  After a few games in the AHL I got called up, made it to the first line and was leading not only my team but the NHL in goals, points and was top 10 in assists.  Consitently scoring 1-2 goals plus an assist or two every game and for no reason at all I got sent down to the AHL.  I've played 11 games so far in the AHL scoring 28 goals and 8 assists and still no call up yet.  This is incredibly frustrating because since im in the AHL my career performance doesn't improve at all. 

Message 29 of 32 (11,324 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The one thing I have noticed is that if the press doesn't mention it in the post game interview (because usually you get the GM notification and then the sim continues and you get to the press conference) you aren't  getting called up.  Many there is a bug issue where the press conference question is necessary for the call up to actually continue, otherwise it trips up and keeps you in the minors.

Message 30 of 32 (7,256 Views)