Re: [PC] Redeem/Purchase online pass

by EA_Shepard

Original Post

Community Manager

@rococozy Not really. The error you are getting is an entitlement error not an install error. I have (in the past) seen the game being fixed and reinstall was necessary because the registry wasn't seeing the update when installed.

I will take a look in the morning again and see what I can find out. 

I always do a complete wipe of the game clean the registry and delete all install folders but with this one error, it's not on your end. It is purely account related.

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 61 of 68 (357 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sounds good. Appreciate you looking into it further.

Message 62 of 68 (355 Views)

@rococozy 

After you reinstalled, the game is still not showing inside the "Apps" control panel in Windows?

(Press the Windows key and "i" at the same time > Apps)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 63 of 68 (338 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey @holger1405, weirdly no, it doesn’t show up there. And that’s the case whether I reinstall it on my C (SSD) or D (HDD) drives. I usually result to manually deleting the game and install files to remove it. 

Message 64 of 68 (320 Views)

Community Manager

@rococozy The account itself is in good standing. I know you said you reinstalled it, but if you are playing through Steam, verify the files and launch it again. Or, log into the EA app as there should be a game icon on there as well, and repair the game.

If you are playing through Steam, both apps and the game need to be on the same drive as well. If the game isn't showing up as able to uninstall as stated, that could be a part of the issue. Your game and registry arent matching the what is linked to the account. There is a mismatch somewhere.

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 65 of 68 (292 Views)

@rococozy 

Additional to @EA_Shepard  and if it still not showing up in "Apps":

Please create a DxDiag in text file format and post it with your next reply. You can do that with the "Choose file" button at the bottom right corner of the reply window. 

Also:

1. Hit Windows key and X.
2. Choose either “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator),” or "Windows Terminal (Administrator)", whichever option is offered.
3. Inside PowerShell, CMD or Terminal enter or copy and paste: “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Checkhealth” without quotes. > ENTER.
4. If errors are found, notify us. If no errors were found reaped steps 1 & 2.
5. Inside PowerShell, CMD or Terminal enter or copy and paste: “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” without quotes. > ENTER.
6. The system will start validating soon. If it throws an error, please list it here.
7. After it reaches 100% reaped steps 1 & 2
8. Inside PowerShell, CMD or Terminal enter “sfc /scannow” without quotes > ENTER.
10. Post the message you receive at the end of the processes here.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 66 of 68 (273 Views)

★★★ Novice

Okay some good news: the Online Pass error is gone!

I had repaired it a few days ago to no avail. But I tried starting the game offline, then turned on my internet and manually logged on in-game. Not sure if that exact process triggered the game to recognize the entitlement, but I can get into multiplayer now. I have it through EA, not Steam, so I didn't need to go though any process there thankfully.

I did not have DLC access in multiplayer upon launching, so I re-repaired the game, it reinstalled them, and now I'm getting DLC access error I had before (even says they're corrupted??). That said, I've still been able to access the MP DLC, and have even have been able to play a few games, so it doesn't seem to be materially affecting my gameplay experience? I'll report back if anything happens. (As a side note, this did lead me to some digging in my EA account and account game/DLC permissions and purchase history, and ME3 wasn't a listed key, and I have a weird archipelago of allowed DLC, which may have led to all of these issues. But even purchased DLC get the access error.) But I digress... @EA_Shepard, massive shout out for helping me (and everyone) through this issue. Thank you!

As for the app not showing up, @holger1405, I really appreciate this guide. I haven't gone through these steps yet but I'll give it a try and report back. I feel like I've manually deleted the game files so often that it has something to do with this weird lack of communication between certain parts of my system!

Thanks all!

Message 67 of 68 (258 Views)

Community Manager

@rococozy I made some last-minute changes with the Online Pass, so I'm guessing that worked after those repairs.

With the DLC, That may have changed when the game was changed on the accounts. But, with that DLC error, you can follow the same steps and just delete them from your install location and reinstall them. As long as you own them, and they are entitled to your EA account, they would show up under managed content. That one is way less of an issue than the Online Pass error is.

EA_ShepardAHQ

Message 68 of 68 (230 Views)