[FIXED] Crashes on Next-Gen Consoles

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Crashes on Next-Gen Consoles

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

12/20/20 Update:

A Title Update went out to address an issue where players on Xbox Series X | S were crashing on Madden NFL 21.

Per MaddenNFLDirect:

Blueberry.png
Message 1 of 9 (889 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [KNOWN ISSUE] Crashes on Next-Gen Consoles

Community Manager

@coxtreme1 

I'm going to close this thread down since it was related to crashing on Xbox One consoles.

Please tag me and reference this thread if you still need help from myself and the Madden community.

12/20/20 Update:

A Title Update went out to address an issue where players on Xbox Series X | S were crashing on Madden NFL 21.

Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 9 of 9 (731 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

Is this only for the next gen Xbox or does this include the PS5 as well??? I can play the PS4 version of Madden 21 all day long with no issues. The minute I try the PS5 version “dual entitlement upgrade” it freezes. I can’t get pass the exhibition game at all. 

Message 2 of 9 (867 Views)

Community Manager
@coxtreme1 Hey there!

Did you ever play or activate the EA Play Trial of the game? If so, PlayStation Support should be able to remove the Trial time which should fix this.
Blueberry.png
Message 3 of 9 (837 Views)

★ Novice

I haven’t done this. Cause I don’t believe it was ever an option. Like I said I played the PS4 version just fine.... it’s only when I try to play the PS5 version

Message 4 of 9 (829 Views)

Community Manager
@coxtreme1 Do you have an external hard drive or anything else plugged into the PS5?
Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 9 (824 Views)

★ Novice

I had one in the back but took it off when spider man was freezing. Once I took it off, I didn’t have anymore issues with Spider-Man, but still couldn’t get the PS5 version of Madden to work. PS4 version worked fine. I also did a complete delete of everything on Madden from the PS5 and re-downloaded it and still nothing

Message 6 of 9 (811 Views)

Community Manager

@coxtreme1 

Plug in the external hard drive and see if there are any files for Madden NFL 21 on there. If so, delete them, unplug the hard drive and delete all files off the PS5 internal storage and reinstall. 

I've seen dongles and controller charging docks cause crashes or menu freezing too, not sure if you have that too. 

Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 9 (807 Views)

★ Novice

Ok, I’ll try that and let you know. I have a controller charging dock, but it’s not connected to the PS5. It’s plugged in to an outlet. Is there anything else I should try???

Message 8 of 9 (786 Views)

Community Manager

@coxtreme1 

I'm going to close this thread down since it was related to crashing on Xbox One consoles.

Please tag me and reference this thread if you still need help from myself and the Madden community.

12/20/20 Update:

Blueberry.png
Message 9 of 9 (732 Views)