Re: Some reason needed here...

by Izzy_FUT_Dubs

Original Post

Some reason needed here...

★★ Novice

Hi Guys, 

I want to take the opportunity and add a few things, I’ve been playing since fifa13 I am 30 years old, football fan and average human being.

So far I have played around 2000 matches in fut 20 divided by rivals, squad battles and champs being the majority of those 2000 games in rivals.

The better division I reached was division 7 and most of the time im stuck at division 9, for fut champs, silver1/gold3 yet, 

i cannot play consistent fifa neither get better at the game,

i mean, despite the squad I have, if I’m using a 80 rated squad or a 90 rated squad I cannot see any major difference and I need to know why, please, after all the time spent at the game I should be doing much better but I just can’t 

, can you please help me to figure out the reason for that ?

thank you

Message 1 of 4 (294 Views)

@Helderpirespilot Sure, a lot of times it has to do with defending. I've recently made a new account (3 days ago) and even though I only have >/= 84 rated-players (2 84's, rest are around 80) I've been able to beat stacked teams because of people's bad defending in the lower tiers (was Div 9, now Div 8 and climbing. I'm naturally a Div 5 player (usually Div 6/7 when I'm doing objectives).

You want to have a good formation. I like the 4-2-3-1 Football because I like playing through the wings and crossing the ball in or cutting in and I'm also really bad at defending (if this is not your playstyle you can opt out for just the 4-2-3-1).

Secondly, your tactics do make a difference. I actually switch to a 3-5-2 in-game because I feel a bit more confident in my ability to defend and need more attacking support. I would suggest just sticking to the formation as is and not switching in-game. You want to have your striker on Stay-Central / Stay-Forward and Get-In-Behind if they're pacey. Your wide CAM's or Wingers can be on Stay-Wide. Leave your CAM on Default. CDM's (to start) should be on Cut-Passing-Lanes / Stay-Back-While-Attacking / Cover-Center. Your Fullbacks should be on Stay-Back-While-Attacking.

I usually have my CAM take all my corners, free kicks, etc. to prevent players from getting out of position.

Try not to hold RT/R2 too much, only to break free. A game where you slow down the play and pass around will help you find open space for a nice Y/Triangle pass and get you a good opportunity to goal.

Shooting is still rough for me, but try out different finishing scenarios: LB(L1) + RB(R1) + B when in the box for a low-driven shot, RB(R1) + B for a finesse shot, LB(L1) + B for a chip-shot, or just a charged up B for a power shot. Sometimes just pressing B helps too but it might be more likely to get stopped by the keeper.

When defending, holding down LT(L2) and occasionally RT(R2) to catch up to pacey forwards will help you narrow in on a good tackle. Some people just let the AI defend for them as they cover with the CDM.

Let me know what questions you have, but I feel this is a good starting point.

Cheers!
**I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA**

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 4 (242 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for your reply, 

I completely agree that tactics do make a difference, I tried almost every formation in the game, 

changed instructions, mentality, etc...

I have also spent quite some amount of time on the skill challenges, trying out set plays, different types of passes, positioning, amount of power applied on the passes and shots to see what works.

Still I struggle to apply consistency on my gameplay,

i believe that there’s something else to the game that I am missing somehow, otherwise it wouldn’t be possible for some pro players to win competitions year after year, 

is it mentality ? Football knowledge ? Big or small elastic type fingers ?

there is only one ronaldo, only one messi, everybody wants to play like them, but only they can pull out those clinical moves, so I accept that the same thing applies to fifa or whichever other game, in fifa specifically there is only one tekkz, one msdossary, etc..

i just would be happy with division 5 in rivals and gold 1 in fut champions...

i think that would be a fair achievement but still, despite all my effort it seems almost impossible and I can’t figure out why..

thank you for your time

Message 3 of 4 (212 Views)

@Helderpirespilot It's also about in-game knowledge.

"Which foot is best for my players to pass with, to shoot with, can I shoot while running with this player or do I have to slow down the play and then shoot? etc."

Adapting to different formations and players is also tough. Like in card games, water beats fire, fire beats grass, grass beats water: formations have formations they are strong against and formations they are weak again. It'll take some time for you to see which are which.

Cheers!
**I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA**

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 4 (184 Views)