Re: Mirror's edge catalyst not launching

by ivrognard

Original Post

Mirror's edge catalyst not launching

★★ Novice

I bought Mirror's edge Catalyst on steam and when I launched it it installed origin, I then create an origin account, and try to launch Mirror's edge Catalyst. When I first tried to launch it it said I didn't have the recommended drivers, so i updated those, then i relaunch the game and it doesn't load then crashes and nothing else happens. I have verified the installation and it still doesn't work, anyone know how to fix this?

Message 1 of 10 (4,914 Views)

Community Manager
@TrueMlockbug Are you getting error messages when crashing?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 10 (4,888 Views)

★★ Novice

No error messages unfortunately, it just boots and only shows a black screen (with no audio) then crashes.

Message 3 of 10 (4,873 Views)

@TrueMlockbug sounds like firewall or antivirus preventing the game to start. Try to start the game with those two disabled. Also, it might be the VC++ redistributable. Some of the older games require a certain Visual C++ redistributable. So it might be the case here, too.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 4 of 10 (4,855 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried booting the game after disabling them and got the same result, under the presumption it is the VC++ thing, how would I fix it?

Message 5 of 10 (4,852 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @TrueMlockbug 

You can try manually running the VC++ installer from Origin - The default location for the folder is: (this may change if you installed Origin on another driver)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin 

From this folder, run one of both files: 

• vcredist_x86_vs 2015 (for 32bit Windows version) 
  • vcredist_x64_vs 2015 (for 64bit Windows version) 

If you get the message that the files are already installed, select Repair instead. It is recommended to run the installer as administrator (right-click the file, select run as admin). 

If you can't find them, You can also find the latest files on the Microsoft website: 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 6 of 10 (4,830 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @TrueMlockbug 

You can try manually running the VC++ installer from Origin - The default location for the folder is: (this may change if you installed Origin on another driver)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin 

From this folder, run one of both files: 

• vcredist_x86_vs 2015 (for 32bit Windows version) 
  • vcredist_x64_vs 2015 (for 64bit Windows version) 

If you get the message that the files are already installed, select Repair instead. It is recommended to run the installer as administrator (right-click the file, select run as admin). 

If you can't find them, You can also find the latest files on the Microsoft website: 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads 

Illium.png

Message 7 of 10 (4,830 Views)

★★ Novice

It says that I already have those versions installed and when I checked I have 10 different versions, should I uninstall all of those other than the latest one then?

Message 8 of 10 (4,680 Views)

★★ Novice
Correction, 14 versions and the 2012 versions were installed the same day I installed mirrors edge catalyst.
Message 9 of 10 (4,676 Views)

Community Manager
@TrueMlockbug I wouldn't recommend uninstalling the other version, different games or programs on your device may use them. When running the install do you have an option to repair instead? If so process a repair, restart your device, and check one more time, please.

Illium.png

Message 10 of 10 (4,641 Views)