Re: C&C 3 Kanes Wrath Game Crash Out of Memory

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

C&C 3 Kanes Wrath Game Crash Out of Memory

★★★ Newbie

Hey guys,

I am playing Command and Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars and Kanes Wrath lately and having several game crashs in Kanes Wrath especially. The first crash was about being out of graphic memory but I fixed it by starting it with the right graphic card (first it was using the integrated one). One game later I receive a game crash with the notification Out of Memory. I am having 8gb RAM so I highly doubt this is not enough for Kanes Wrath while not running any other games (just Discord, Origin and such stuff). I've tried the large address aware program already on the Kanes Wrath exe but it did not fix anything.
By the way: Tiberium Wars has more fps and runs way smoother than Kanes Wrath although the settings are identical.

Does anyone of you guys have an idea of what's wrong? It would be nice if this issue could be fixed and I can keep playing Standard smile

Thank you!

Message 1 of 9 (10,223 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@Fonzorama1 Have you ensured that the game isn't running on your integrated GPU?

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 5 of 9 (10,310 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

@iExtraordinary

@iExtraordinary wrote:

By the way: Tiberium Wars has more fps and runs way smoother than Kanes Wrath although the settings are identical.

I noticed that too, but I think the KW game engine is just seriously beefed up compared to the original game. They're technically separate programs, so yea, nothing prevented the devs from doing stuff like that.

As for your problem, honestly, not sure... have you tried any compatibility modes? Even these games are getting quite old, now, and "out of memory" usually doesn't indicate an actual lack of memory but something going wrong internally that then fills up all the memory.

The error stack trace says something about "movie clip" though... was the game playing a video when it crashed?

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 9 (10,190 Views)

★★★ Newbie
All crashs occured during a normal skirmish vs AI 1v1 Easy mode on default maps. Today I will receive a new notebook and will try certain compability modes in case it won't work on the new one either. Thanks for the help so far tho!
Message 3 of 9 (10,185 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im having the same issue. running it on a nvidia 930 gp on windows 10. running in comp. mode for windows xp and still crashing. any fixes yet?

Message 4 of 9 (10,051 Views)

Community Manager

@Fonzorama1 Have you ensured that the game isn't running on your integrated GPU?

Darko.png
Message 5 of 9 (10,311 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I had the same problem.
With me it was my antivirus that did not allow this game to write on my harddisk. I had to manually allow C&C in my Bitdefender to write on my HD.
Never had any problems after that
Message 6 of 9 (8,205 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that you were able to fix your issues @kilumenati-NL and thanks for sharing it with the community.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 9 (8,168 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@kilumenati-NL Could you please explain how to do this? I honestly don't even know where I would start.
Message 8 of 9 (4,977 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hey @TheMartian23, I'm going to lock this thread as it is quite old.

If having an issue then please create a new thread with as much information as possible.

If you search your anti-virus providers website you should find step by step instructions on how to allow a program past any restrictions.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 9 of 9 (4,962 Views)