[Mac] Permission to install Helper Tool error - 2018

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Re: [Mac] Permission to install Helper Tool error - 2018

★★★ Newbie

I have tried every single password I have ever used and none of them are working for my Origin Helper tool and its pissing me off now 

Message 191 of 197 (1,016 Views)

@EdenLilaJones  Did you try the password that you enter when you turn on your computer?  If you're not using an admin account on your Mac, you'll need to either switch accounts or use the password for an admin account.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 192 of 197 (1,001 Views)

Re: helper tool password

★★★ Newbie

What about the username?

Message 193 of 197 (869 Views)

★★★ Newbie

will this cause a virus on my computer?

Message 194 of 197 (741 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi. I'm running Ventura 13.4 on iMac 2020, 3,8 GHz 8-core i7 with 8GB DDR4 and have been running into this problem (sometimes I don't play for months) for over a year. My daughter occasionally sims on my iMac but she has her own user account. However, Origin keeps asking for permissions regardless of situations every time I (or she) try to play. Whether I had previously shut down the iMac or just used sleep mode, whether I was the previous user or my daughter was, whether there was just hours in between restarting Origin or months it always asks for permissions when I restart. We are able to play after signing in for helper tool install but it just annoys me and leaves me wondering if something isn't working right. There was a situation earlier this year when Origin refused to start up and I had to reinstall. But this problem was before and remained after. And there are mentioned files in the mentioned folders in Library, even before starting up Origin. I ran the helper tool troubleshooting, do I still post the txt? But Origin did ask for admin pwd right away when I restarted after. Don't know if it was supposed to... 

Message 195 of 197 (704 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I am able to run Origin now, but only as Admin and I am unable to update base game and three packs. But at least it's running, sort of.

@EA_Jason

My Origin Installation Troubleshooter results:

Message 196 of 197 (630 Views)

Re: Origin Permission Issue

★★★ Newbie

I would put in my password and then nothing. It rejects password.

Message 197 of 197 (69 Views)