(Mac) Download Button Not Working for Sims 4 packs

by xlaviudanegrax

Original Post

Re: Origin Download Button Not Working

★★★★★ Newbie

@LadyLexiety GOD BLESS YOU OMG! TURN OFF TECHNICAL PREVIEW IN SETTINGS, THEN RESTART ORIGIN YOUR GAMES SHOULD DOWNLOAD AUTOMATICALLY! you outsmarted the CS student 😭😭

Message 41 of 314 (1,867 Views)

★ Guide
@mstevenson77 I KNOW RIGHT?!?!! I WASTED MY WHOLE AFTERNOON ON A SINGLE CLICK - WAT 😂😭😂😭😂
Message 42 of 314 (1,862 Views)

★ Guide
@xlaviudanegrax Hahahaha!!! Total and complete accident! I'm framing this, I swear, cuz this is never going to happen again! 😂😂 I'm a psych nurse, this is NOT in my pay grade!
Message 43 of 314 (1,303 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

@LadyLexiety I EVEN CALLED EA SUPPORT AND THEY DIDNT KNOW WHAT TO DO, YOU DESERVE A RAISE FUTURE NURSE

Message 44 of 314 (1,294 Views)

Sims 4 Expansion Packs

★★ Novice

I cannot download expansion packs. I'm not getting an error message- it's just that nothing will download. I can download games and Origin itself just fine, but not expansions. I just updated to Big Sur. Has anyone else experienced this?

Message 45 of 314 (1,252 Views)

★ Guide
@xlaviudanegrax 😂😂😂 Well I graduated almost a year ago 😱 AND even passed the NCLEX licensing exam, so I'm like sort of the-real-deal now (ish). But please do let my boss and my boss's boss know, that would be most excellent!! I won the Internet tonight! 😂😂💀
Message 46 of 314 (1,289 Views)

Sims 4 Mac Won't download content

★ Novice

I downloaded the Sims 4 deluxe edition as well as the Dine Out game pack and 5 "stuff packs" but I cannot get that extra content to download. The "download" button is available but when I click it, nothing happens. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling Origin and restarting my laptop. What can I do? I tried to delete the cache but when I went into the folders, I couldn't find the folders that the other guides were telling me to delete. 

Message 47 of 314 (1,249 Views)

★★ Novice
@LadyLexiety You are an actual lifesaver!! I have been looking everywhere for an answer to this. Updated, uninstalled, reinstalled... several times! It was just a little button... THANK YOU!!!!!
Message 48 of 314 (1,263 Views)

★ Novice

GOD BLESS YOU I LOVE U OMG THANK U 

Message 49 of 314 (1,247 Views)

Expansion packs not downloading in Origin

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? (not sure)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs and expansions have been bought
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The Sims 4 base game is downloading no problem and all of the icons in the start menu in game are lit up which means that the game is registering that I've bought the packs, but none of them are downloading.
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever I try to click on download on any of the expansion, stuff or game packs, nothing happens. They're not added to the queue. I tried buying the Nifty Knitting pack and it's saying that I've bought it but the game isn't downloading at all and none of my packs are showing up during the actual game play.
What do you expect to see? All of the packs being added to the queue when I try to download the game.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm not sure what's going on with my game! I'm trying to download all of my expansion, stuff and game packs but none of them are adding to the queue or downloading at all. When I try to click add to queue or download, nothing happens. Please help, this is frustrating me to no end! I've got a brand new laptop with more than enough space for all of the packs, I've uninstalled the Sims 4 and Origin twice and nothing is working.

Message 50 of 314 (1,234 Views)