ERROR MSVCP140.dll, SETTING UP ORIGIN ON WINDOWS 10

by JupiterFalls97

Original Post

Accepted Solution

ERROR MSVCP140.dll, SETTING UP ORIGIN ON WINDOWS 10

★★★ Novice

Hi Everyone,

I just got a new computer yesterday (Pavilion gaming 16GB with windows 10) and I am in the process of installing Origin. 

However when I try to download it from the website and launch the originthinsteup exe. it comes up with an error and then MSVCP140.dll not being found? 

I did some research to see how to fix this problem and that the best approach is to open up the local C drive and access origin from there via  but that file is not there at all because it cannot even be installed. (E.T.C x 86 or x64). 

I'm a bit stumped, not sure if its a origin issue or Microsoft program issue.

Any Ideas you have would be great!

Thanks! 

Message 1 of 49 (29,926 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: ERROR MSVCP140.dll, SETTING UP ORIGIN ON WINDOWS 10

@JupiterFalls97 and @ThriceDamned  That file is part of the 2015 VC++ runtimes, which Origin needs to install properly.  It's best to uninstall your current copies, if you have any, and then download new ones from Microsoft.  Hit Windows key-i, select Apps, scroll down to Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable, click on both the x86 and x64 entries (if you have them), and select Uninstall.  You can download new copies here. Be sure to install both the x86 and x64 versions.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

Restart your computer, and try to install Origin again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 3 of 49 (29,843 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

I have exactly the samme issue! Also bought a new computer yesterday, and it also keeps popping up with a message about MSVCP140.dll not being found. I'll just keep tabs on this post and see if anything useful pops up

Message 2 of 49 (29,854 Views)

@JupiterFalls97 and @ThriceDamned  That file is part of the 2015 VC++ runtimes, which Origin needs to install properly.  It's best to uninstall your current copies, if you have any, and then download new ones from Microsoft.  Hit Windows key-i, select Apps, scroll down to Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable, click on both the x86 and x64 entries (if you have them), and select Uninstall.  You can download new copies here. Be sure to install both the x86 and x64 versions.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

Restart your computer, and try to install Origin again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 49 (29,844 Views)

★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict I wish I could give more than 1 XP, because damn it if you don't deserve it! This has been annoying me immensely, so thank you! It worked!

Message 4 of 49 (29,817 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey! I just tried this and it worked! thank you so much! absolute legend!!

Message 5 of 49 (29,793 Views)

★ Novice

You are the best I haven't been on origin in months because of this problem and you fixed it...thanks a bunch everything you said worked for me....awsome.

Message 6 of 49 (29,626 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict aye what a g helped me
Message 7 of 49 (29,504 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I cant find the Microsoft Visual C + + 2015 Redistributable. Im not that good with computers.

Message 8 of 49 (28,784 Views)

★ Novice

Be sure to install both the x86 and x64 versions.

THIS is key! I installed just the x64 version first, and it still wasn't working. But after installing the x86 version too, it is working. Thank you!

Message 9 of 49 (28,744 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I can't find it either Emiloo14

Message 10 of 49 (28,649 Views)