Re: Account Expired

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Account Expired

★★★ Newbie

Hi there

I bought the sims 3, many years ago and registered the game on my Origin account.

Since then I have gotten a new computer and haven't logged in, in years.

Since the whole world is locking down due to the COVID 19 pandemic I dug up the CDs and tried to log in again so that I could download the games but I get told my credentials are wrong or expired.

I tried resetting my password but the email never comes through

All the EA help avenues are down or not working and I have no idea who to log this complaint in with an actual person

Please help the cabin fever is setting in 

Message 1 of 10 (1,043 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @Ally_pinna0803 your image is not showing.

Did you try to speak with our live uspport on Twitter?

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 10 (1,006 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @Ally_pinna0803 for issues with your account then the best thing to do is to speak with one of our chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat.

You can also speak with our Twitter support team: https://twitter.com/EAHelp?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 10 (1,016 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you do much @Darko Unfortunately I have already tried this, but when I say select contact option, it just has this spinning wheel for ever

Message 3 of 10 (1,010 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Ally_pinna0803 your image is not showing.

Did you try to speak with our live uspport on Twitter?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 10 (1,007 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am doing that right now

Thank you, let's hope it works 

Message 5 of 10 (1,004 Views)

Community Manager

Glad to be of help @Ally_pinna0803.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 10 (994 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having a similar issue. I apparently created an account years ago with an email address I no longer use but still have access to. I recently was unable to to login to Star Wars Battlefront II as my account was somehow flagged as invalid error code 4975. I've tried to get support but every time i get to the chat window it says your hours have been adjusted to 8-11 utc due to covid. Its smack dab in the middle right now at 5 UTC but chat is still closed. I'm trying to keep my kids entertained while were sheltered in place and this is really making it hard. I could use some help if thats possible... 

Message 7 of 10 (881 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @GregSW1982 if you no longer have access to the email on the account then the best thing to do is take a look at this help article and fill out the account recovery form: https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/im-locked-out-of-my-ea-account/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 10 (853 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@EA_Darko 

I'm having the same issue and I've filled that form out 5x now. And no matter how much information I give them I keep getting the same copy&paste rejection email. Is there someone from EA that can provide more clarification on why I'm being rejected or an alternative method because it seems like EA Help is only giving computerized help. Thanks

Message 9 of 10 (832 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @dtakin2020 the only team who can assist with account recovery is our account recovery team, no one else can discuss your case with you or why your request may be rejected.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 10 of 10 (758 Views)