How long do we have to wait for Error 40080000 patch?!

by NoSquito23

Original Post

Highlighted

How long do we have to wait for Error 40080000 patch?!

★★★ Novice

@EA_David 

As you can see on the forums, many, many users are all experiencing lost data - missing cars, money, and some (like myself) are completely unable to access ANY online features. 

No one seems to be able to provide a fix, and there have been no mentions of it being actively investigated. I have posted once before, and reached out to two chat representatives, who were friendly, but ultimately unable to help at all.

- I have not been using money exploits/glitches, and earned everything legitimately.

- I never tinkered with my local save file until after encountering this "bug"

Fixes I have tried:

- Reinstalling to alternate drive

- Repairing data files

- Wiping my local save and trying to replace my cloud save

- Disabling cloud save in Origin (this doesn't seem to do anything as it still tries to "check inventory" when I log in...)

- Creating a party and joining that way (always get kicked out when trying to join a party).

- Firewall exemption rules

- Network fixes on my end (DMZ, port forwarding etc) (all my non-EA games work without fault)

Is there anyone at all looking into this, or even a public acknowledgement? 

It is unacceptable to pay full price for a game, and have a massive array of features locked behind a foolish cloud sync system.

Just wipe my cloud save - let me wipe my cloud save, and use local data only - or vice versa. Even wipe everything. I'll start again, I just want to play.

This game is really enjoyable, and I've heard that it's great with friends... if only I could be among them.

Message 1 of 1 (120 Views)