Directx error black screen

by sawb0nezz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Directx error black screen

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I get this error (see attachment) every time I try to run this game.

Weirdly enough it did start the first time. I went through options, maxed out the settings as my pc is perfectly capable on ultra. Tried to play it and it crashed with directx error.

From that point it crashes every time I try to run it (black screen and directx error pops up).

Could you please fix this issue? I just bought this game and spending hours on reinstalling drivers, directx etc etc is not what I intended to do Standard smile I just want to play the game... 

My pc -

i7-9700k

rx 5700 xt

m.2 ssd

32GB corsair vengeance 3600 RAM

aorus z390 pro

UPDATE-

So I did a clean windows pc boot and now I can start the game. But the moment I press on online mode or solo it crashes on loading... 

1 time (after first clean boot) I was actually in the game for like a minute or less and then it crashed. So yeah, now it doesn't give me that directx error like before, but it crashes on loading every time. Honestly this is so weird, I never had such a headache from a game

Message 1 of 2 (716 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Directx error black screen

EA DICE Team

Hey, @sawb0nezz  make sure that all drivers for windows are up to date, also worth to reinstall the GPU drivers for your PC.

You can also try to do a clean boot to see if there any programs messing with Need for Speed: Heat and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience.

Can you add a Dxdiag so we can see what hardware and drivers you have? 

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (624 Views)

All Replies

Re: Directx error black screen

EA DICE Team

Hey, @sawb0nezz  make sure that all drivers for windows are up to date, also worth to reinstall the GPU drivers for your PC.

You can also try to do a clean boot to see if there any programs messing with Need for Speed: Heat and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience.

Can you add a Dxdiag so we can see what hardware and drivers you have? 

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

Message 2 of 2 (625 Views)