ME1 audio issue - dialog & sfx in surrounds instead of center

by ArtemisTynblade

Original Post

Mass Effect 1 only outputs stereo audio and not 5.1

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I am unable to get Mass Effect 1 to output any audio out other than my left and right speakers when trying to output 5.1 audio. Mass Effect 2 and 3 work fine but 1 is only giving me stereo. I have hdmi hooked up to my receiver. Does mass Rffect 1 still not have surround sound support? Could never get the original games surround sound to work either. I would assume with this major release it would have working surround sound.

Message 21 of 163 (2,032 Views)

Re: Legendary Edition Surround Sound is not working correctly

★ Apprentice

I can't get anything to work except stereo audio. Don't get anything in my surround speakers or center.

Message 22 of 163 (2,019 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Carvaperc wrote:

@CarvapercI'd like to add that surround is working, but my problem is mostly with conversations. When you talk with someone, almost all the vocal sounds comes from rear speakers. I did try playing without rear speakers and I did hear all the sounds coming normally out from other speakers. Oh and I use AV amplifier, 7.1 ch, Linear PCM.

How did you get surround to work at all? The game only outputs stereo.

Message 23 of 163 (2,017 Views)

Re: ME1 audio issue - dialog & sfx in surrounds instead of center

★★★ Newbie

Same here, PS5 to a Denon AVR X1600h. Super quiet sound from front channel and R/L, main sound coming from rear speakers. 

Message 24 of 163 (1,984 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Same problem here. PS4pro -> hdmi -> SonyBravia TV -> optical -> Yamaha 5.1 receiver.

None of my other games have that kind of problem.

greets

Message 25 of 163 (1,973 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Happens on the PS4 as well, no matter the settings or receiver type. Checked with others too, we all have this issue. Could have been properly tested... The rest is amazing btw, great job! 

Message 26 of 163 (1,950 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Trarloe confirmed I have the same issue on my 5.1.4 setup. At first I thought it was an issue with my setup but I put in Horizon zero dawn/ Ratchet & Clank and it upscaled appropriately. So pretty sure it’s an issue with the game.
Message 27 of 163 (1,936 Views)

★★★ Novice
@StarWarDude44 I don't know, it just works. I have no problems when running around, only when talking with NPCs rear speakers blasts vocals almost double louder than front speakers/speaker, and gun sounds come out from rear speakers too.
Message 28 of 163 (1,912 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Carvaperc Exactly... ingame sound is in surround and works fine. Turning the camera around when npc's are talking to each other for example...
Message 29 of 163 (1,897 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here as well. PS5 with audio set to Bitstream, connected to TV via HDMI, TV outputting to Vizio V51-H6 surround sound system via optical cable. All zoomed-in/cinematic/dialogue-wheel spoken audio, as well as footsteps, is coming out of the two rear speakers only. No issues with any other games.

Message 30 of 163 (1,867 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help