Re: Sims 4 won't download on LaCie external SSD 2 TB

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Sims 4 won't download on LaCie external SSD 2 TB

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi all,

I haven't played Sims 4 in over a year, now that I have an external SSD with 2TB of free space (Lacie Rugged Mini), I'm eager to install it again on my Mac (Catalina 10.15.7).

I have made a symlink successfully and I have been able to start the downloading process. However, halfway through this notification appears that my SSD has run out of space to continue downloading. I checked my internal HD and saw I'd run out of space there as well (11 GB free)... So, I deleted the download. If anyone could help me out, I'd very much appreciate it!

I hadn't used up any space before attempting the Sims 4 download. The 11GB of used storage on the SSD (on the image) is supposedly because of the download.... I did eject the SSD properly  then disconnected the USB-C from my Mac and plugged it back in, to solve this particular issue... The storage problem is still visible, however.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 2 (153 Views)

Re: Sims 4 won't download on LaCie external SSD 2 TB

@ssupersmile

A symlink does not need to be created for the game installation, only for the Sims 4 folder that is stored in Documents > Electronic Arts that contains your saves. What symlink have you created? It is completely irrelevant for the game installation.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 2 (127 Views)