Crypot’s drone sentinel mode

by Forgotten_Frank1

Original Post

Crypto's Drone

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Crypto is my favorite character by far, (next to Wraith of course). I love how his drone can pickup teammate's banners and even open/close doors, and open supply bins. I just thought it would be cool if the drone could pickup other things such as weapons and ammo; or that it could pickup a squadmate and help relocate them. (Knocked or not)

Message 1 of 8 (1,233 Views)

Re: Crypto's Drone

★★ Expert
@Midnight9746 What the drone needs is the ability to mark items. I tried marking items on a loot crate that a team left behind and instead kept pinging, "we should go here".

Also forgot he can pick up teammate banners, that would have helped a lot yesterday
Message 2 of 8 (1,214 Views)

★★★ Pro

I thought the drone could ping items but it doesn't. My random Lifeline teammate was requesting a weapon. The weapon she wanted was a R-99. I found one for her in a building. The building had a window that you could shoot through so I ping the R-99 but it said "Lets go here" 

I just told the Lifeline in voice that that there's a R-99 in the building since the drone cannot ping items or weapons. 

Message 3 of 8 (1,188 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Yeah, I wish it could go through lootboxes as well and ping that stuff too.

Message 4 of 8 (1,102 Views)

Crypto Drone Icon

★★★ Apprentice

It should be bigger than a green dot in the air.  Sometimes its so hard to see where my drone is actually at.  

Can you please make dron icon bigger when its in long distance 

Message 5 of 8 (1,088 Views)

Crypto Drone mechanics

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I’m really enjoying playing Crypto in this new season, with that said I do think some small changes could benefit him IMO, here is the only problem I have with him & some ideas to help him be at the same level of other legends.

Problem: When helping drone areas for your team you are often left miles away and unable to assist your team wich can be annoying when the drone gets killed with 1 shot.

fix: a mechanic that makes your drone follow you, like the call back but it hovers near Crypto’s shoulder so you can push up to your squad while your drone flys back to you, calling it back an additional time will put it away on Crypto’s back as it is in the game at the moment.

Fix: another mechanic could be to point to an area and Crypto’s drone flys to that spot & hovers, like Mirages’ clones. Crypto would still have to open up his tool to go into the drone & control it. 

I believe these mechanics could help Crypto keep up with not only his squad but also other Legends.

Message 6 of 8 (1,091 Views)

Crypot’s drone sentinel mode

★★★ Apprentice

Like in titanfall, when you let your pet going around an killing people alone... your drone will just follow you, being noisy and vulnerable... but following you and scanning people...

Message 7 of 8 (1,046 Views)

Re: Crypot’s drone sentinel mode

★ Pro

I think the only thing the drone needs is the minimap. Full minimap availability and functionality would help you keep your bearings in relation to your squad and the map area while you’re flying surveillance.  

Message 8 of 8 (972 Views)