Re: make palying lifeline rewarding again

by Piabetic

Original Post

★★★ Pro

@CCbathwater I'll bamboozle it with Mirage.

Yeah, it's pretty unbalanced.  I play mostly Caustic unless I'm grinding an objective.  Sometimes Wattson.  Fuse because he's a bit of fun (and old like me!).

Frustrating to be continuously outclassed though.  I wish they would just stop catering to the Run'N'Gun crowd and make different playstyles more effective.  Problem is "ThE pRoS" and "CoNtEnT cReAtOrS" will all cry about it and it'll get nerfed again.  I mean, who cares about the other 99% right?

- DR

Message 11 of 16 (201 Views)

★★★ Pro

@CCbathwater Well for what it's worth I'm always happy to see a Lifeline in the squad.  Especially if they, you know, use their abilities.  Nothing more frustrating than being in rough shape, asking for health while you hear "Mosambique here".  

- DR

Message 12 of 16 (184 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@RockDokRockCaustic is another one I never really understood why it was needed to hard-nerf. Was he annoying? Yes. But he wasn't really that op, except for maybe ult'ing the final circle and stuff, but with that closing so slowly nowadays that's not really a problem. People just needed to like not push a house with 6 Caustic traps in it. Tbh, I've never really complained about legends or guns being op, except for Gibby, as again the issue is he can do too many things, and most things he can do are extremely powerful compared to other kits in the game.
Totally agree. Why make defensive legends if you then deter people from playing defensive by nerfing all of them, except for Gibby of course, but he's not defensive the same way as Caustic or Wattson.

I'd hope I know how to play Lifeline, considering how I've probably spent thousands of hours with her. 🤭

Message 13 of 16 (170 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@maximas1986 I say just bring back the shield but give it a health limit or something so people don't whine it's OP.
Message 14 of 16 (153 Views)

★★★ Pro

@CCbathwater wrote:

@RockDokRockCaustic is another one I never really understood why it was needed to hard-nerf. Was he annoying? Yes. But he wasn't really that op, except for maybe ult'ing the final circle and stuff, but with that closing so slowly nowadays that's not really a problem. People just needed to like not push a house with 6 Caustic traps in it. Tbh, I've never really complained about legends or guns being op, except for Gibby, as again the issue is he can do too many things, and most things he can do are extremely powerful compared to other kits in the game.
Totally agree. Why make defensive legends if you then deter people from playing defensive by nerfing all of them, except for Gibby of course, but he's not defensive the same way as Caustic or Wattson.

I'd hope I know how to play Lifeline, considering how I've probably spent thousands of hours with her. 🤭

@CCbathwater Exactly!  I was really really pissed when they nerfed him so hard.  I have over 3000 kills with him, tons of skins, etc and suddenly my main is useless.  I mean, literally useless.  The effects were staggering right from the start as I noticed many people just ignored the gas and carried on.  You could literally heal faster with a syringe in the gas than the damage it did.  

They've fixed it a bit but it's nowhere where it needs to be.  Look at Fuse's Knuckle Cluster - that packs a punch in a room *right now*.  You'd have to be loitering in the gas for some time for that kind of damage.  It's still not right to be honest.  

- DR

Message 15 of 16 (134 Views)

★★★ Pro

I have thought for a while that reworking Lifelines ultimate to enable an extra section on the replicators would work.  This could be a little like the expanded loot bins and would take away the need to announce her presence by calling it down.

Message 16 of 16 (109 Views)