Will me using a Macropad only for media keys get me banned in the game?

by acmactal

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Will me using a Macropad only for media keys get me banned in the game?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Will me using a Macropad only for media keys get me banned in the game? The macropad has no software running and its completely independent from software usage ( except when programming it of course )

my macropad is in the photo powered by QMK firmware

Message 1 of 3 (250 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Will me using a Macropad only for media keys get me banned in the game?

Community Manager

Hey @acmactal,

Using peripherals like this for standard purposes should typically be fine. 

That said, if there are any macros involved with the keypresses that could potentially be detected as an issue. In general I'd just be sure any peripherals you use stick to the idea of "One action per keypress" to avoid issues where possible. 

We're not going to be able to make guarantees for specific peripherals or promised uses of said peripherals I'm afraid, as there's often quite a range of behaviors that can be replicated. 

If you should happen to have an account banned you can always reach out to our Terms of Service team to have them investigate the action: https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/ 

Mako.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (221 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @acmactal,

Using peripherals like this for standard purposes should typically be fine. 

That said, if there are any macros involved with the keypresses that could potentially be detected as an issue. In general I'd just be sure any peripherals you use stick to the idea of "One action per keypress" to avoid issues where possible. 

We're not going to be able to make guarantees for specific peripherals or promised uses of said peripherals I'm afraid, as there's often quite a range of behaviors that can be replicated. 

If you should happen to have an account banned you can always reach out to our Terms of Service team to have them investigate the action: https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/ 

Mako.png
Message 2 of 3 (222 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Mako thanks for the answer. I just use it for media keys and no macros.
Message 3 of 3 (205 Views)