Re: Season 4 set to lose a large playerbase

by DankToliet

Original Post

★★★ Pro
@GRiPSViGiL Shroud hasn't touched the game in months, and he had "input" during the development of the game. When essentially an employee of the game doesn't want to play it (yes he was paid hefty sums of money) that speaks volumes.
Message 11 of 38 (465 Views)

Champion

I've been on this forum since maybe june? Mustve  seen maybe 300 "the game is dying"statements made with the utmost confidence...a number of these statements made by people who are still active on this forum, so clearly still playing the game.

I'll believe it when it happens.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 12 of 38 (459 Views)

★★ Guide

Wait times are just as short as always. For every person in a forum crying they are gonna quit there are 3 more people joining the game. The demands people make of a free game and the hurt they feel when their very specific and costly demands aren't made this very instant is hilarious. 

Message 13 of 38 (447 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@MandatoryIDtagI haven't played the game since Grand Soiree launch. I also haven't played Hearthstone in 6months but I'm still active on the forums.

I'm wanting a reason to come back and play, what you don't get is posts like these are made to take the game down a peg. It's made because it used to be a game I once truly enjoyed and want to see meaningful updates instead of cash grabs.

If the reveal stream truly satisfied your needs, then your palate for good games is dirt poor. You should want more from a developer who's made millions with a free game. That kind of money they've pulled in already is more than enough, to develop more than one Legend and another Sniper added to the game. If you continue to accept effortless updates and game content, and pay them for it. They'll never be motivated to put any effort into new content.

I pray more is coming to be announced, and that new patches will change the entire meta of the game. Because what was shown was a * poor excuse for a Reveal.

Message 14 of 38 (407 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@AdotLone Wait times have increased. S1/2 was instant or maybe 5-10 secs at most but it can be anywhere up to a minute in normal games now.
Message 15 of 38 (391 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

What about fixing the existing problems?

- leaver penalty for normal mode

- single- / duo-gamemode (would also help to avoid leavers)

- incomplety squads in lobby (MM fails)

- SBMM avarage and above avarge level finetuning

Message 16 of 38 (377 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Gamers can be so negative!!! I haven't played one game in my decade plus of gaming that gamers don't complain about. 

What game is everyone going to gravitate too??? Escape From Tarkov??? People are already complaining about that game too. 

Or maybe MW... Oh wait, people are complaining about that game too. 

Or maybe Fortnite…. Oh wait, people are complaining about that game too. 

Someone pls let me know where I can find a perfect game.

Real gamers realize that Apex is the closes thing to perfect we'll get right now. And S4 hasn't even released yet. 

FYI - Apex made the most revenue since release for S3, won best multiplayer, and has the most content right now. So haters, the numbers don't lie and neither do I. 

Message 17 of 38 (375 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Flashshark1980 Leaver penalty for pubs... you really want this game to die huh? lol
Message 18 of 38 (372 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@DaWiz2015 Real gamers known Apex is nowhere near perfect in the areas real gamers should be concerned about and that is netcode, hitreg, server tick. Then compelling gameplay. Anything cosmetic should never even be on that list but I bet the current generation of gamers have that as a priority higher than everything else.
Message 19 of 38 (361 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@DankToliet  I didn't specify you. I simply stated an undeniable fact.

You can be salty as you want bud, that's your prerogative lol. I just don't take the words of people on a forum as gospel when they announce the end is nigh.  Tongue out

As for the reveal, i'm happy to have another sniper. I was looking forward to revenant but this alternative could be pretty awesome aswell, and the ranked stuff i'll reserve any judgement on until i've played it.

I'm more interested in the patch notes frankly.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 20 of 38 (359 Views)