Re: Ranked System That Does Not Encourage Competition

by Asmodeus566

Original Post

Ranked System That Does Not Encourage Competition

★★★★★ Newbie

When the player jumps into crowded environments and kills a few people and dies shortly after, they lose points due to poor placement, no matter how many kills. This causes players to hesitate to enter the battle as soon as they start the game. I think there has to be a balance on this.

Apex Legends is a highly competitive game. I believe the current system contradicts the spirit of Apex Legends.

My Opinion: As soon as the player lands on the ground, only once, for the first 3 minutes, they will earn double points for each score "except assist". If the player is still alive after 3 minutes, the points earned will be split in half.

"There were times when I got multiple scores in 3 minutes and died and went mad with anger. At least this system can be used at diamond rank and above."

I think Apex Legends will be more encouraging to competition with such a system and the player base can better adapt to this type of gameplay.

Message 1 of 3 (161 Views)

★ Expert
@DeepWebXTR As much as I want the game to reward kills more I just can't agree to this as this will just encourage hot dropping even more.
Message 2 of 3 (137 Views)

@DeepWebXTR 

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your opinion.

However I have to agree with @Daze623 this would be very counterproductive in fact it would encourage hot dropping since it would provide them with a form of loss protection.

This would make hot dropping more of a low risk and super high reward. 

In fact with what you said in mind I would be looking to pack in as many double points kills in about 2 1/2 minutes and then die before the 3 minute marker in order to protect the double points. That is not any way in the games or players best interest in my opinion.

But hey that is why we are here to share ideas and such. 

No hard feelings I just can not agree with your idea.

The needs of the many,
outweigh the needs of the few or one. --Spock--

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Please note: I am a community volunteer – I do not work for EA.
Me Too – If you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button.
XP – For helpful comments (and to help others 'level up').
Mark As Solution – To help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future.
Message 3 of 3 (122 Views)