Ohhhh! Gunfire! I'm Gonna Run Off On My Own!

by xTomboyRespecter

Original Post

Ohhhh! Gunfire! I'm Gonna Run Off On My Own!

★★ Guide

*goes down*
*ping spam*

*disconnects*

If this sounds like something you do then please reconsider doing it. Not only is it annoying but it also makes you look foolish.
Play as a team or don't play at all.
Please and thank you.

Message 1 of 15 (819 Views)

Re: Ohhhh! Gunfire! I'm Gonna Run Off On My Own!

★★★★★ Expert
@xTomboyRespecter Is this to someone specific on the forum or getting your message out there to 0.0000001% of the player base?
Message 2 of 15 (806 Views)

★★ Guide
@apostolateofDOOM not sure what fairy-tale land you live in, friend, but from my experience this happens in a majority of the matches I play in unranked.
I couldn't care less if it's unranked either, there's still no reason to do it.
Message 3 of 15 (768 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@apostolateofDOOM I live in the real world.

Yes it happens often and many ideas have been suggested to try and reduce it but you would have a larger audience and more success telling this to people in your lobbies than on the forum.
Message 4 of 15 (750 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@apostolateofDOOMyeah, lemme somehow tell someone that's disconnected that they shouldn't disconnect. Sounds legit.

Message 5 of 15 (727 Views)

[ Edited ]

@xTomboyRespecterI had one in ranked last night. He went away from the ring, got downed my squad mate and I still got his banner. We did want to respawn him, but he had run so far out of the way we never had time. If we were not running from the storm, we were fighting enemies. He had to sit there for nearly 20 minutes spectating.

My squad mate and I had a good round finished third with 4 and 5 kills. If he had stuck with us we probably would have won.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 6 of 15 (717 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

my point.jpg   

Message 7 of 15 (716 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@apostolateofDOOMWhy are you even replying at this point? You're the type to think they're smart while being completely lost and you'll argue just for the sake of it.
Go take a walk and get some fresh air or at the very least go think you're clever somewhere else.

@DarthValtrexthis is exactly my point. It sucks for players like us when others run off. Our teams performance could be much better overall if players didn't run off solo as if they're FPS-Gods only to get downed having done nearly nothing at all.

Message 8 of 15 (651 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@xTomboyRespecterYour post doesn't look like it's inviting discussion but more of a statement telling forum users who read it not to do the things your complaining about. I shared my view why i think it's pointless.

How is that arguing or being clever?

Message 9 of 15 (617 Views)

@xTomboyRespecter Sometimes I understand the rushing a fight. If I see an enemy fighting I'm going to ping it. I'll wait until one of two things happen my squad mates arrive or the fighting ends. As soon as the fighting ends I'm going to third party the fight. They are damaged, they are easy kills and they have loot.

Sometimes it works out, sometimes the enemy I'm trying to third party did not take much damage and I get slaughtered.

Then there are the situations in which we have a long run to ring and I have 0 meds/syringes. In those situations I'm going to run straight for ring, whether or not my team follows.

And of course there are the loot hogs.. In which I can't find/get anything because they are taking everything. In those cases I'm going to run away from the loot goblin to an area they have not looted.

The only other time I'll leave my squad mate behind is if they have picked a fight I know we can't win. Maybe the enemy has high ground and is landing shots and we have no way to level out the fight. In those cases I'm going to opt to leave the fight behind and rotate into better positioning.

But for the most part I stick with my squad.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 10 of 15 (598 Views)