Matchmaking got me suspended for a week

by sm4ce

Original Post

Matchmaking got me suspended for a week

★★★ Novice

I get in to the game.

We drop at the same poi as two other teams.
My squad get to loot in peace while the other teams start fighting.

One team mate communicates that he wants to join the fray and third party. This is obviously the common and "correct" way to play.
So we join the fight but unfortunately it ends up in a 1on1 which we lose.

But we are still in the game because our 3rd player has moved in the opposite direction and never joined the fight.

Instead of playing with his team he has decided to go elsewhere searching for loot.

When I ask him why his answer is this "-pathfinder took my loot".

If you get so offended by a team mate picking up "your loot" that you decide to sabotage the game, maybe you shouldn't play.

Sabotaging the game for such a stupid reason got me mad. So I wrote "are you a 9y old *?"

After the game this person spam invites me to his lobby, but I rejects and log out.

Anyway, if matchmaking wouldn't prioritize speed over quality this would never have happened.

He was bad at the game, stupid and overly sensitive to banter etc. 

The exact opposite to who I like to have on my apex squad. Bad matchmaking.

My guess is that the player base so small that matchmaking would take days if it was tuned correctly.
Now I got seven days to try the finals. Maybe I'll be back for you to pad your stats, maybe not.

PS I wonder if the other person in the squad also got suspended? He was communicating his criticism via voice coms.

Message 1 of 6 (305 Views)

Re: Matchmaking got me suspended for a week

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@sm4cevoicecoms dont get you suspended if you dont have set voice to text in your settings. and the voice to text is janky ... but makes for really good laughs at times, so i would advise you to turn it on , no matter the outcome, you will get smth in return Wink

Message 2 of 6 (290 Views)

★ Guide
@sm4ce Game chat got me permanently banned. Curious if the teammate that reported you was a vantage…. Anyway stay away from game chat. EA can twist any verbiage you use to their liking. I don’t think they actually want good players playing their games. So if they have a reason to ban players, they’ll do it.
Message 3 of 6 (248 Views)

★★ Guide

Reminds me of the hundreds of times some stimmed up loot goblin takes all the ammo off drop and stims off to die and then screams to my and 3rd randos ear on why we didnt push like he did. Tough to push with floor L-star and mozambique if you dont have ammo. 

Biggest issue with soloQ gaming is different playstyles. You or I cant tell what is the right or wrong way to play the game (with clear exploit stuff excluded). 

If your 3rd wants to play differently its his call. And yes you are correct, playstyle MMR would be great. 

Message 4 of 6 (213 Views)

★★★ Expert
@sm4ce

"If you get so offended by a team mate picking up "your loot" that you decide to sabotage the game, maybe you shouldn't play."

I agree, the loot belongs to whoever got to it first. Period. But from there you're jumping to conclusions. You heard his tone of voice, I didn't, but on the page it reads as if he is saying, "there was nothing left here to pick up so I HAD to move on or literally stake my life on a fist fight."

"Sabotaging the game for such a stupid reason got me mad. So I wrote "are you a 9y old *?""

That's not sabotage. That's different playstyle and/or match goals. No, there is not one single correct way to play this game. More importantly, you texted a no-go word. There's a thing called manners and using them is even more important when you feel someone else hasn't used theirs. I get the desire to respond harshly and rashly in the heat of the moment, but don't. Take a deep breath or two. This will serve you well in life as well as in gaming.

"Anyway, if matchmaking wouldn't prioritize speed over quality this would never have happened."

No correlation there at all that I can see. Matchmaking has given me some of the "best" players in the game as well as some of the worst, and while the worst may do a lot of questionable things, the so-called best players are no less likely to make a bad decision. And they're far MORE likely to let you know how they feel about your role in their failure.

I too would love to see better skill-based matchmaking no matter how long the wait times become. But I'd much rather see them stop matching on skill altogether and start matching on playstyle. I'd be willing to bet that those teammates would annoy you a lot less. But still, turn off your voice-to-text.
Message 5 of 6 (196 Views)

@sm4ce 

Matchmaking did not get you banned.

What got you banned was your own poor choice of communication. 

I understand it is sometimes aggravating when others make choices that affect you negatively in game but that does not mean we can treat them badly.

Best just to ignore such players and block them. 

The needs of the many,
outweigh the needs of the few or one. --Spock--

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Please note: I am a community volunteer – I do not work for EA.
Me Too – If you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button.
XP – For helpful comments (and to help others 'level up').
Mark As Solution – To help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future.
Message 6 of 6 (86 Views)