The problem with the abandon penalty in apex.

by Nomiverse

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The problem with the abandon penalty in apex.

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I completely agree with having an abandonment penalty when leaving a ranked match. What I don't get is why respawn would extend that penalty over every single gamemode you can possibly play. I understand not being able to go into a ranked match for that set amount of time but you can't just block the player from playing anything else. Please only have the abandonment penalty set to ranked and if that's too light and I highly disagree with this option but whatever block the play apex one too. But do not block the training and the firing range that's the stupidest thing noones is going to wait 10 mins or above to just be able to play the game again. What they are going to do is get off the game and play something else and what new players are going to do is uninstall. Respawn please fix this.

edit: Can a mod close or archive this i really doubt this is needed or wanted anymore and its honestly just going too far. 

Message 1 of 51 (15,942 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The problem with the abandon penalty in apex.

★★★ Expert

Ancient thread is ancient.

View in thread

Message 40 of 51 (7,150 Views)

All Replies

★★ Pro
@Nomiverse I am ashamed to admit I was hit with the penalty recently, and those 10mins of waiting in the lobby (and browsing garbage on my phone) gave me the time to calm down from my rage quit and think about what I had done. It's supposed to be a punishment, instead of letting those who quit early hop into pubs and ruin someone else's game. If they can't handle that and close the game/uninstall, then good, we don't want those kind of players that manage to build up significant penalties and don't learn from their mistakes.
Message 2 of 51 (15,924 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

it doesn't need to be fix, if you don't want to get a penalty then dont quit.

Respawn can do what every they like with their game if they don't want you to play because of a penalty that is their decision. its suppose to be punishment. What is the point of an abandonment penalty if you can play the game.

It's fine the way it is it's been like this for over a year now, why change it ?

Dont like it then don't quit. their is already enough player quitting out of pubs anyway no need to hurt the player base because of toxic player like so many on this  forum.

Message 3 of 51 (15,909 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I can understand the deeper meaning behind a temporary ban along all gamemodes but it doesn't change the fact that in casual mode most people in trios either are teamed up and exclude you OR, as 99 out of 100 times, they drop you at the very start or in the hotzone where you die within 30 seconds.

One time I wished a good game and got back "shut the f**k up" even if HE are the one to mute others if he doesn't want to hear.

Thing is, you won't get a penalty from duos or trios when quitting quickly and you still get 99% toxicity/noobs/trolls/smurfs.

Now the very point I'm getting to is that all of the above also applies for ranked. I'm at gold and its been like this the entire time so when all hope is completely lost after the 5th game the last 3 minutes I shouldn't be punished.

If anything lock the players playing this way with ONLY firing range and have Bangalore there teaching them about teamwork, smart play and tactics.

Because these people won't look it up on YouTube yet they play ranked as a solo casual what ever game.

Message 4 of 51 (15,639 Views)

★★ Novice
@Nomiverse I couldn't agree more. I absolutely abhor devs for this kind of stupid *. When I accidentally abandon a match thinking my team was down but wasnt, I'm fine taking a RP dip, but stopping me from doing anything? I'm not going to buy anything more in this game until that's fixed.
Message 5 of 51 (15,068 Views)

★★★★ Guide

it can't be accidentally since there's a confirmation lol

once again, there's nothing to fix, you're just toxic

Message 6 of 51 (15,034 Views)

[ Edited ]

@ExtremejinksI left a match of ranked intentionally a few days ago. The teammates were just a really toxic duo. I finally had enough of it and just left the match. When I solo queue I almost always mute peoples mics now because of the verbal abuse you have to take. 

The abandonment penalty could be improved. If your teammate is more than let's say 100M away from your death box you should be able to leave the match free of a penalty. I have solo queued up into platinum so far. I can tell you right now, over half of my teammates have run at the first sign of an enemy. I don't know they are running and I often end up trying to 1vs3 the enemy or 2vs3 with our other teammate. The third we have is either watching with a sniper or already running for the other side of the map. Then there are the people who just run off solo anyways. So you're forced to sit there while the timer expires, yeah it's only 2 minutes or so. But why can't I just leave and queue into a match again?

You also get more than just the timer, you lose RP double the RP as well which is quite a bit in the higher skill lobbies.

I understand that they want to discourage leaving. But they give us no way to discourage being a bad teammate. They also have a really poor ranked system in general, which has lead to a TON of players making it into platinum who do not belong there. Platinum is nearly impossible to solo queue through right now. I've come very very close to platinum 3. But I'll get a string of bad teammates (not just talking about skill) and the RP is gone. Just tonight alone, I had at least 2 teams who were duos in a party on xbox. One was a person who was stuck in Platinum 4 and the other was a gold tier player. The gold Tier player would get dropped instantly in every fight we got into. If I was lucky the Platinum 4 player could take some attention off of me as I picked off the enemy players 1 by 1.

I have tried making the looking for groups and run into this big issue. I often have to play on servers that are not great for me. One duo I joined were on the London Server, how am I supposed to play with 190 ping?! I couldn't even climb walls the lag was so bad. I put a post in the looking for teammates on the Oregon servers. I went through 6 people, all of which were stuck in Platinum 4. I can't play with most of my friends at the moment, most don't grind ranked and are bronze. Every fight we would get into, I would down someone they would come running up and get melted by remaining 2 enemies.

People say the ping does not matter, but it's a huge difference for me.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 7 of 51 (15,020 Views)

★ Guide
@Nomiverse The penalty itself is largely pointless if not detrimental to the player base population in the long-term.

People will either quit ranked and return to casual, ignore the timer and go have a cup of tea/coffee, or quit the game in general.

Oh well, at least we'll have higher quality games? Right guys? :D /s
Message 8 of 51 (15,010 Views)

★★★ Newbie

People should be able to leave after killed, it so funny you have to watch your noob teammate try to kill themself after picking up your banner.

fix this *

Message 9 of 51 (14,863 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@twilightkey I actually had a teammate commit suicide when they saw both of us died. They said screw it & threw 2 nades at their feet lmao!
Message 10 of 51 (14,858 Views)