Re: Longbow is currently trash

by MartenPhilip

Original Post

Longbow is currently trash

★★★ Apprentice

Been trying to use this weapon recently and imo it's garbage, even when fully kitted, considering how rare is it, and finding a powerful scope and a skull piercer mod it still sucks. The shot speed is slow af, feels like I'm firing nerf darts the travel speed is that slow and the damage is pretty meh. Combined with the fact that this game is ill suited for snipers the longbow needs either higher damage and/or a higher shot velocity. Hitting a moving target with this gun is very difficult and even when you do nail a hit takes too many hits to drop someone. 

The triple take works great because of the fire rate, spread and lack of shot drop. The kraber is a one shot drop monstering you hit the head or a great shield buster if you don't have the time to aim properly or the target is jiggling about. I live playing the sniper in games and I have plenty of kills with the triple take and kraber but very few with the longshot, and when I have scored kills with it, they've been finishing shots on players me or my team has wounded with different guns, show the long bow a bit of love would you?

Message 1 of 5 (1,600 Views)

★★★ Guide
The weapon has a decent damage output, kits work fine as well, nor is its recoil bad, it suffers from an extremely slow fire rate.
If it were only slightly faster it would have been one of the most sought after weapons.
Message 2 of 5 (1,594 Views)

★★ Guide
At least its not used for quick scoping and one shoting enemies like in cod, but actually its really great for long range fights, watch kephrii he plays with longbow all the time and doesn't complain.
Message 3 of 5 (1,569 Views)

★★ Guide

I personally love the Longbow. Once you get used to the bullet drop and learn to judge it over distance it's a beast.

Message 4 of 5 (1,553 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@ThatFawkzi wrote:

I personally love the Longbow. Once you get used to the bullet drop and learn to judge it over distance it's a beast.

Bullet drop isn't, my issue, I've nailed a 300m kill with it so shot drop isn't my issue. Its hitting moving targets or people who are strafing, shot speed is so low.

Message 5 of 5 (1,503 Views)