Re: WHAT A JOKE THIS IS!

by mathewdt

Original Post

Having trouble changing account details for Xbox/EA account

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have never had so many damn problems recovering MY OWN DAMN ACCOUNT in my life than with EA. I literally cannot get the Twitch prime exclusive content because apparently my Gamertag is linked to another EA account which i have no way to find anything about. I've contacted 4 EA help representatives and they all link me to a CASE INFORMATION  form that requires the email THAT I DON'T * KNOW and when you ask if they can at least share the email to the account that my gamertag is supposedly linked to they wont. All they tell me is that they're positive that its my account (so obviously my name and other * is correct) and to please just think really,really hard as to the email that it could be under. If i knew the email i wouldn't be contacting support to help with the damn situation so thanks EA for all your help..not.

Message 1 of 10 (652 Views)

★ Pro
See if they’ll at least give you the domain name, or email provider. Then maybe you can recover the email directly from them.
Message 2 of 10 (631 Views)

★ Apprentice

your first mistake is making different gaming emails

second mistake was claiming rewards and not being sure if you are linked properly

third mistake is taking your rage out on EA

gl with all your endeavors

Message 3 of 10 (601 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It's irony.

Message 4 of 10 (574 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry to say @SwEeTtOoTh180 but if you cannot verify ownership of an account then our live support advisers will be unable to provide you any information relating to the account.

We can't help with issues relating to accounts on AHQ so you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers if you have further questions.

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 10 (510 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Having exactly the same problem, proving really difficult to resolve. please keep me posted if you get a solution, good luck!

-Mathew

Message 6 of 10 (476 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@SwEeTtOoTh180 

You can check to see what email address is currently assigned to the EA account your Gamertag is linked to. Here are two ways you can do that.

Here is how to find out what email address is linked up to the EA account that has your Gamertag synced.

1. Find it by going into one of our games. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/find-your-ea-account-email-address-using-your-game/
  2. Visit Help.EA.com and sign in using the Microsoft login button. Then, click on Accounts at the top and Change Email Address. It should display there.

I'm sorry this has been frustrating for you and some others under the same circumstance. We take account security very seriously though and want to make sure we are speaking with the actual owner of the account before making changes that will grant over access. We must be 100% confident prior to making changes and require some account verification criteria to be met.

Let us know if you have any questions. Thank you for playing EA games.

*edited your topic title so others will have an easier time finding your post in the search results in order to discuss/provide solutions*

Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 10 (408 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EA_Blueberry 

I could not perform step 1. because i do not possess any of the games however i tried step 2 and it logged me in, however a completely unknown XBL account is now associated with my EA account. The email i used to log in belongs to a different gamertag, any thoughts?

-Mathew

Message 8 of 10 (388 Views)

Community Manager

@mathewdt 

To clear up any confusion, EA and Microsoft accounts are separate. You can have two different email addresses assigned to each account if you didn't use the same one when registering for both.

If you logged into Help.EA.com using your Microsoft login credentials (email & password) and a different Gamertag is showing up, it sounds like you need to contact Xbox Support so you can recover the email address for the Microsoft account that has the Gamertag you play on.

If you logged in to the Help.EA.com site using your Microsoft credentials and do not have access to the email it's showing up for the EA account, please fill out the account recovery form below so our Live-Support team can assist you in updating it.

Xbox Support Contact Information

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us

Account Recovery Form

http://bit.ly/EA_Account_Recovery

Blueberry.png
Message 9 of 10 (385 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EA_Blueberry 

I've discovered the issue, turns out my GF was logged into her microsoft account in the same browser and it had its own generated XBL gamertag and account. 

thanks for the help though. Standard smile

-mathew

Message 10 of 10 (382 Views)