Re: The Dead Space Series

by DarkBanishing

Original Post

Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@Straatford87 I need to somehow fly to the Andromeda ... USG Ishimura will be a good choice Large smile

Deadspacewideship rotated

Message 10 of 119 (1,666 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@1Guma @RSebire

Wow - all this Dead Space talk has given me the intense urge to dive into the game!

By the way, if both of you are into the game I would advise you to check out the following thread that has some cool Dead Space discussion:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/plans-for-new-dead-space-game/td-p/5910461

Message 11 of 119 (1,613 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Go on I dare ya...

You have several options. You've got the PS3 version which has exclusive dlc you can't get on any other systems like the obsidian stuff, or head over to Your origin client, or Steam., or Xbox library too...They all have it. I'd recommend Origin though.

Download, install, set every graphical settings to max, turn the lights off, crank it up on a 52" 4K HDR screen, with some nice 7.1 Bluetooth earphones, and within in an hour, be prepared to be sickened, scared, confused and ultimately enamoured with the game.

lights off remember...

PS, if it's your first time, an hour of progression with the lights out will leave you with enough nightmares for quite some time.

Put yourself in Issac's shoes, live it and you'll see it's a phenomenal game.

if your interested but not sure it's for you, watch the dead space films starting with downfall then aftermath, they will explain the universe it's set in very well for you

i don't want to give you spoilers but, also next to your gaming gulp and snacks, bring a pad of paper and a pen, and make notes on the alien language as you see it. You have to decipher that to find out what the anomaly has in store for you.

Message 12 of 119 (1,606 Views)

EA DICE Team

@RSebire

I got the entire series on my Origin account - I tried it out somewhat but sadly never had the chance to really get into it! Apparently, I've been missing out because it's been one of the most talked about games here on the Origin Community forum!

Sadly.. no 4K tv or monitor just yet.. Frown

@DarkBanishing

I know you love the series as well - any tips for full enjoyment? Large smile

Message 13 of 119 (1,583 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hello again my friend and friends in the forum.

Do I have any tips for DeadSpace.

Get :

1) Dead Space Paperback – 5 Feb 2012

"Writer Antony Johnston fashions a tense, thought-provoking story laced with bucketfuls of gore. Artist Ben Templesmith s style scratchy and chaotic with an almost unfinished feel, the direct antithesis to the hyper-realistic style of many of his peers has never been my favorite, but it absolutely works here, adding to the hectic pace of the story. Dead Space is a totally engaging off-world adventure, and an excellent introduction to the series as a whole." " ""FearNet"
I would highly recommend that any Dead Space or comic book fan pick up a copy.

2) The Art of Dead Space Hardcover – 5 Feb 2013

Its a nightmare come true...

3)  Dead Space - Salvage Paperback – 5 Feb 2013

When a group of freelance miners find the abandoned USG Ishimura in deep space, their once-fortunate luck turns into a catastrophe. With the Earth Government racing to reclaim the ship and an army of Necromorphs wreaking havoc on board, do the miners have any hope of surviving?

(It's like a prequel and a good read)

4)  Dead Space - Movie Double Pack [Blu-ray]

Brings you right into the DeadSpace Universe. It's unrelenting psychotic alien intervention in each film. They are very gory with a very good cast and crew. Some of the characters are really relatable too, so that adds to the tension and the story telling in general.

5) Dead Space: Martyr

its not a long read, but it's rather gory and sadistic if anything, but also never the less enlightening.

And as your reading it and using your imagination, it will be personal. The anomaly is.....

I prefer to play my PS3 copy if I can, as I had loads of DLC for it too like the Obsidian Stuff.

I have it on the XBox One S, so that's probably the easiest for me now.

Origin, I think I only have 1 and 3...

But my main tip is to play with the lights out so you get immersed in it.

Sometimes I found myself too scared to go down corridors, thus finding another way around, was a better idea..

Theres lots of secrets in the game and a whole alien language to learn.

And the idea that the anomaly represents is genuinely a intriguing one...

Kind regards all

Richard

Message 14 of 119 (1,576 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Everyone need Cooperative offline please  i just want to play dead space with my friends   

Message 15 of 119 (1,566 Views)

@Straatford87

Play it only at night when you are home alone so nobody can hear you scream. Don't forget to play this gem with headphones and please, do turn out the lights before you begin to play.

Play it for a couple of hours and I bet you'll see necromorphs standing behind you in the dark, cold corners of your room.

It sure freaked me out the first time I played it and I am a veteran horror lover. It really felt the same as the first Alien movie I saw! Never thought a game could be so frightening! I just can't stop loving this game! Large smile

Message 16 of 119 (1,555 Views)

The Dead Space Series

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@DarkBanishing

Oh wow - I haven't started and I'm already scared!

But yeah, gaming with my headset on and the lights out is what I do best. I feel ready for it.. (do I, though????)

Thanks for the tips! I will let you know how I went, and how much I screamed.. Wink

Message 17 of 119 (1,548 Views)
Highlighted

@Straatford87

And??? Seeing (or hearing) any necromorphs in dark spots yet? Wink

PS: Hearing them is the creapiest.

Message 18 of 119 (1,527 Views)

EA DICE Team

@DarkBanishing

I will be honest in that I haven't gotten to it yet, as I just received my copy of Andromeda which I've been dying to try out.

However, once that's done I really want to get into Dead Space, so make sure that you keep hounding me!

Message 19 of 119 (1,512 Views)