Re: Forum account and EA account link to different things

by nathan-elk946

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Forum account and EA account link to different things

★★ Novice

I am generally loathe to use forums, so I'm not sure when I first noticed this error, but I DO remember seeing it awhile back...

I go to https://www.ea.com/forums, and sign on with my email address (See EA Signon 1.jpg). This works as it should.

I click on the Simpsons: TApped Out game to go to the forums for TSTO, which takes me to a different site, https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out, where it again asks me to sign in...(see EA Signon 2.jpg) a little unusual, but fine. I sign on with my email address again.

But when I sign in, it tells me my account is a totally different name and email address (see EA 4.jpg) which doesn't match who I am at all!

Message 1 of 6 (405 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @nathan-elk946 for issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further.

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (399 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @nathan-elk946 for issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further.

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 6 (400 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you...I'll do that. Too bad I was on chat, and they told me to come here, but the chat I was on was about Simpsons Tapped Out (had a different issue with that) and they might not've known how I should handle it.

Thanks again!

Message 3 of 6 (381 Views)

Community Manager

Happy to help @nathan-elk946.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 6 (374 Views)

★★ Novice

Unfortunately, they were not able to help; they said they'd look into it and get back to me, but never did...get back to me, I mean; I've no idea what they actually tried. Standard smile I then tried chatting again about a week ago and similarly got nothing. I'm not sure they fully understood the issue; after I'd given them the previous case number and answered a bunch of questions (in some cases, the same questions as a month ago), they seemed to think it as related to game play.

Finally, I thought of contacting the person who's account I was accessing - I could see his email address in his profile - and he contacted EA, as well. So far, no change. I posted a question in the "other" forum's area (https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/271726/logon-to-the-forum-site-is-screwe...) about this and we were suggested to contact someone named "Roger" there, which we both have done...we'll see if that yields anything.

Funny enough, someone suggested I contact a person on this forum who'd answered a similar question a month ago...that was a link to this same topic! Gave me a chuckle...

Anyway, thanks again for your suggestions, but unfortunately they didn't pan out. We'll see if Roger has better luck...

Message 5 of 6 (277 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @nathan-elk946, you will need to speak with our live support team in relation to this, we simply are not able to assist with account based issues on AHQ.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 6 (269 Views)