by SteveJackson

Original Post

Re: F1® 23 | Official Gameplay Features Deep Dive

★ Guide
@dancrodrigues Online is easily more popular than offline
Message 51 of 126 (390 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@dancrodrigues It’s the same here. So much so when I look on BBC sports page for football. They don’t differentiate between women’s or men’s football…. For instance you go to football page and see the headline.. England Win… I think but England were not playing today. So I click on it and it’s only when I read and the names that I realise it’s women’s football.

I have no problem with it. Women’s football is growing in popularity. But it feels forced which I don’t like.
Message 52 of 126 (374 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@dancrodrigues damn! Was so distracted with the international stuff that I completely forgot about our scene.

Yes, we have female presenters, commentators, reporters etc too. And overall they're all bangers! Some are lackluster, one case in specific is abysmally repulsive, but most of them are way up there on quality.

Love Glenda Kozlowski.
For F1 specifically, Mariana Becker and Julianne Cerasoli blow the socks out of pretty much any current male counterpart I can think of. Mari is an all-time great, actually.
Message 53 of 126 (358 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

@dancrodrigues@mariohomohThat's the important thing, it comes down to quality not just because of the gender. Quality comes with experience of what they're talking about and being articulate enough to offer that knowledge. I think the issue comes when "pundits" are shoehorned in on the basis of the gender, regardless of their quality. I don't have issues with any female pundit, commentator etc, regardless of sport. However, when you have them in front of the camera just on the basis of them being a certain gender, that's where the issue lies as that's not true diversity.

Sky's coverage of Miami was tough to watch for me because frankly Danica offered nothing more than what somebody else who has more relevance in F1 could have done. In the same respect I enjoyed coverage when Lee Mckenzie was on. Sky's Bernie Collins could be a shrewd signing as a former race engineer but she hasn't found her personality yet. As I said, it really comes down to how motorsport has only recently allowed women to join the boys brigade. It'll get better, may take a while.

Can I give a shout out to Steve Jones who was probably the most irritating, cringe-worthy presenter ever to cover F1.

Message 54 of 126 (343 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

In my opinion I think we should give Pinkham some props along with Suzy Perry, Lee Mckenzie, Jennie Gow and Rosanna Tennant  who made great strides in the UK F1 and motorsport scene when they were competing against grid girls and being possibly being labelled eye-candy. Although I do remember Suzy Perry sometimes being seen in half unzipped leathers in the motorbike magazines or lads mags....

At least today it's not like that for most parts at least...

If I've ever seen and been a part of a massive thread derailment....sheesh. Sorry

Message 55 of 126 (335 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@TotosHeadphones wrote:

Can I give a shout out to Steve Jones who was probably the most irritating, cringe-worthy presenter ever to cover F1.

Was? Devil

At least Jones is enthusiastic. Lazenby just looks out of his depth, he's been on the team as long as Pinkham IIRC?

Lazenby isn't even a himbo. Put it this way, I wouldn't * him to get to even Jenson Button Large smile

Message 56 of 126 (329 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@TotosHeadphones wrote:

In my opinion I think we should give Pinkham some props along with Suzy Perry, Lee Mckenzie, Jennie Gow and Rosanna Tennant  who made great strides in the UK F1 and motorsport scene when they were competing against grid girls and being possibly being labelled eye-candy. Although I do remember Suzy Perry sometimes being seen in half unzipped leathers in the motorbike magazines or lads mags....

At least today it's not like that for most parts at least...

If I've ever seen and been a part of a massive thread derailment....sheesh. Sorry

Lee McKenzie, Jennie Gow (get well soon), Rachel Brookes and for services to motorsport in general, Louise Goodman. All get props from me.

Hated Suzi Perry TBF she was a draft from motorcycling, not a good fit.

But honestly, Steve Rider and Jake Humphreys (* at football BTW, BT) are the definition of anchor, then you look at Lazenby and think; WTAF....

Ted Kravitz is great, sadly David Croft and Martin Brundle have become complete * bubbles since taking the Sky dollar.

Message 57 of 126 (323 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@SteveJackson Hate C4 as a channel. Apparently they call themselves progressive yet most of their shows are hateful reality shows that encourage the worst from people. However despite their Formula one opening titles just show crashes… I do love their coverage and all the presenters. Love Big Steve. Coulthard, Alex, Webber and my favourite just because off his positive attitude since his horror crash… Billy no legs
Message 58 of 126 (309 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

@SteveJackson wrote:

@TotosHeadphones wrote:

Was? Devil

At least Jones is enthusiastic. Lazenby just looks out of his depth, he's been on the team as long as Pinkham IIRC?

Lazenby isn't even a himbo. Put it this way, I wouldn't * him to get to even Jenson Button Large smile

There's being enthusiastic and then's also trying to be cool with the kids and attempting to make the viewer think that he was best mates with the younger drivers in the paddock even though they didn't have a clue of who he was. In his first year, his knowledge was woeful and in the VT links he would make jokes that would fall flat with an older audience. C4 tried to have a young fronted presenter to pull in a younger crowd when they lost the F1 contact to Sky but they forgot that a lot of older viewers who didn't want to subscribe to Sky had no other means to watch the races. He alienated a whole lot of long time viewers. In his second year he reigned it back massively, was less of an irritant and improved his knowledge. Still wasn't the right person to front it my opinion.

Hahaha! Lazenby isn't by any means great but he can make a dull race seem like an epic wacky race with * Dastardly taking out the opposition with custard pies. He's really earning his beans this year on that front 🤣 But it's good that they pair him with a decent co-presenter so you can ignore him. I like Button, I also like Davidson. I don't know how I feel about Chandhok though, depends of what type of mood I'm in!

Edit: I'm thinking about Crofty. 😅

Message 59 of 126 (290 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@TotosHeadphones You mean Richard Dastardly ofcourse
Message 60 of 126 (378 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help