Re: Downloading and installing games on origin. (Feedback)

by EA_Alex

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Downloading and installing games on origin. (Feedback)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello readers of the forum!

This is my first post here and its about installing/downloading games on origin.

Problem

So to start off i have two main drives that i use, one is an SSD and one is HDD. I have very limited space on my SSD so i need to always be changing games that i dont play so often from SSD to HDD.

And here lies the problem. For ex. When i need to install two games to different drives, it means that i have to go to settings, change the installation folder, install the game, change the folder from the setting again and install the game. So i need to take the extra step to ramble with the settings. And also when i just want to install a new game to different folder where my current games are i have to go to the settings to do this.

Solution

Make it so, that when you press the "Install" button you can change the folder where you are installing your game or let us pick multiple folders where we want to install games like in Steam. Then you can set those up and just pick which directory you want to install the game.

I am not a professional coder but when i used to install games as a kid the installers always asked where you wanted to install the game so i don't think it should be a huge thing to change either.

Any toughts on this? Is it a problem any of you have stumbled upon? 

Message 1 of 2 (561 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

I've run into this myself for the exact same reason -- smaller SSD primary drive, larger HD secondary drive.  Regularly run out of room on the SSD installing 40GB games.

I'll pass this suggestion along to the team that owns the downloader.  Thanks for the feedback!

Alex
Origin Product Team

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (582 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

I've run into this myself for the exact same reason -- smaller SSD primary drive, larger HD secondary drive.  Regularly run out of room on the SSD installing 40GB games.

I'll pass this suggestion along to the team that owns the downloader.  Thanks for the feedback!

Alex
Origin Product Team
Message 2 of 2 (583 Views)