“Anti-recoil controllers are NOT cheating.”

by Axs5626Sxa5001

Original Post

Re: “Anti-recoil controllers are NOT cheating.”

★★★ Pro
@E9ine_AC

Ok, so he's not revealing anything? Understood.

I disagree that big streamers should get privileged information, or treatment. But that is solely on EA.

Thank you for clarifying.
Message 41 of 131 (809 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@Axs5626Sxa5001  Who told you that controllers with recoil control mods are ""not considered cheating" because they don’t manipulate the in-game files"? Whoever it is, I'm confident they are wrong.

Here's a line straight from the terms of service:

An Unauthorized Third-Party Program is a third-party program or file (such as a "add-on", "mod", "hack", "trainer", or "cheat") that EA believes (i) enables or facilitates cheating of any type; (ii) allows users to modify or hack the game interface, environment, and/or experience in any way not expressly authorized by EA; or (iii) intercepts, "mines", or otherwise collects information from or through the game.

It really doesn't matter whether the program is on the controller or the console/PC, its still cheating.

Message 42 of 131 (802 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Zack_L1ghtmanHe fails to understand. Anything that changes a in game mechanic is not accepted. When he alters recoil then he is modifying a in game mechanic and one the biggest the game has. The TOS clearly states so but no one ever reads the agreement they check to play this game. They assume they know it all and the company who designed said rules are wrong. The TOS is quite clear on this and is written as below.

Don’t cheat in-game
We want the Apex Legends play experience to be fair and fun for everyone. Cheating is against our rules. Cheating can include, but isn’t limited to, using third-party software, like aimbots, wallhacks, and other similar cheats to gain an unfair advantage over other players.

Cheating includes:

Performing in-game exploits and abusing glitches or bugs.
Stat padding (abusing game features the way they aren’t supposed to be used to artificially stack scores). Using software or cheat tools that disconnect other players from the EA servers.
In-game cheating is not fair play and hurts the experience for the players you’re playing against.

Third party software is Xim, Cronus, Strikepacks. While it also includes actual third party applications to aimbot and more. I hope they ban him as he openly admits to this mod. 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 43 of 131 (793 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@E9ine_AC The subject of the thread is misleading, but @Axs5626Sxa5001 has not admitted to using illegal mods - if anything they seem to be strongly against the use of these mods and is frustrated that other players are getting away with using them.

Message 44 of 131 (778 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Zack_L1ghtman

I honestly don’t remember exactly where I read this, but I had assumed it was true. I know a handful of players who have and are still using anti-recoil mods— so I assumed that it is in fact true that Respawn isn’t banning these people.

My assumption is that a large portion of the console community in Diamond, Masters, and Pred are in fact using anti-recoil. I have pretty good aim and I have a decent grasp on when someone is lasering from distances that just don’t make sense.
Message 45 of 131 (776 Views)

★★ Guide

Of course its cheating. Do you remember how OP the Havoc was because it had no recoil and people could beem from it  miles away, it was so easy to get kills, so they had to nerf it and give it big recoil. I can imagine how strong the Flatline would be with no recoil also and the devotion also.

If you dont think its cheating, you need help. The devs put more recoil on some of these guns because of how strong they are, if you take the recoil away, its way too easy to kill people.

Message 46 of 131 (767 Views)

★★ Expert

As someone who just plays with the standard PS4 controller I in no way consider people who have paddles to be cheating. Couldn't care less. People who use no-recoil mods though clearly are cheating as, already stated by numerous people in this thread, alters game mechanics. I still prefer these i***ts though to what I see PC players on Twitch to be up against, that kind of cheating is something else! What they see in every other game these past days I've literally only been subjected to 2 times since season 2. Both times I was one of the last to die so I couldn't spectate and record the really sus stuff that went on, so even then I can't be really sure.

Message 47 of 131 (761 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@CCbathwater Diamond+ PC lobbies are something else man. The comparison is drastic, I come across like 20 blatant cheaters each season but when I watch ShivFPS he comes across multiple cheaters in one day. Makes me appreciate Plat lobbies lol
Message 48 of 131 (746 Views)

Champion
@BaldWraithSimp It makes me appreciate my console. 😋
Message 49 of 131 (735 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@E9ine_ACSry man but anyone with more than 5 braincells can setup a macro etc that looks somewhat realistic, you can take 7000 hours of gameplay of a Skilled and Brained cheater and you will not find enough prove that justifies a ban by clip

Just take a macro and let it adjust your mouse down a bit nothing else and the impact is significant for your tracking of a running person, while it’s not Perfect recoil ofc it still makes the tracking incredibly easier... and we didn’t even start to talk about legit cheaters with private well coded aimassists 

Banning the low percentage of blatant cheaters that don’t give a damn is nice but not the main problem,

And if this hideouts would really care he would’ve banned half the high tier streamers allrdy, but he doesn’t touch them cuz they bring €€€
Some of the biggest names use macro‘s, and it’s so blatantly obvious that something is not right but nobody cares it gets tolerated

I mean honestly there are some that have the movement of gold players with 90% accurate recoil,and when you connect 2 basic things like this together and then you Notice  really weird habits like for example shooting with hemlock on a target, pulling the weapon of target to shoot one more burst into the wall is pretty obvious that someone did just hold down the mousebutton instead of clicking Wink a pro will simply not panic and accidentally shoot one more time while he allrdy pulled the gun away. It’s logical thinking Your brain gave the order to stop shooting pull the hand to the side so why would the finger click one more time ? 3 reasons could be the cause first reason is a disfunction  Of head/hand coordination, Second reason can be panic of unexpierienced players and I guess a “pro“ wouldn’t panic like that eh? Third is a cute little macro that rapidly clicks when you hold down mousebutton for some juicy singlefire/burstfire rates

and in case of a high tier player the First two options are extremely unlikely 

Message 50 of 131 (708 Views)