“Anti-recoil controllers are NOT cheating.”

by Axs5626Sxa5001

Original Post

Re: “Anti-recoil controllers are NOT cheating.”

Hero

Anyone caught using Strike packs / Xim / Cronus will have action taken against them. It is easy to see who uses them. All it takes is 1 video of you using it and Hideouts is going to come down full force ban hammer for using 3rd party applications to gain a unfair advantage over others. 

These are not my words. These are the words of Hideouts. 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 31 of 131 (981 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Axs5626Sxa5001

As far as being allowed to purchase them, yes, To use them without being banned, NO.
It is cheating IMO. And especially in console vs console, where aiming is more difficult in general for most people. That no recoil can definitely make a difference.
Message 32 of 131 (980 Views)

★★★ Pro
@E9ine_AC

No offense, but what I've heard about that dev is that he only listens to streamers. But is it just hearsay.
The issue with it is that ToS prevent EA, and Hideouts to say who's got banned and who hasn't for me you, and the average person.
But, if you are a famous streamer, and you contact Hideouts, then he bans people live --so much for ToS?
I'm not sure that is the way to go, besides, how many requests can a single guy fulfill?
Message 33 of 131 (973 Views)

Hero
@HopesKunai He has banned quite a bit of people ive reported some even live. I dont stream but rarely. Im no big name player but he has clutched bans. People assume he dont listen to them because users are not live banned as you see on twitch streams. They are salty all there is to it. Hideouts listens to all despite what people think or say.

So yes he does help even average users. But they should sit back and think. How many messages does he get in a day? A week? A month? Not all can be banned instantly. Streamers do get more attention due all he has to do is open stream see cheat take action. But us regulars are also listened to.

Message 34 of 131 (968 Views)

Champion
@E9ine_AC The other reason some people's reports dont get banned is they may actually not be cheating. Weve seen a few of people post supposed cheating videos on here that were not cheating.
Message 35 of 131 (964 Views)

★★★ Pro
@E9ine_AC

"He has banned quite a bit of people ive reported some even live"
I thought that would have been against Tos?

I definitely understand your point, and I'm not here to disprove him. The question is, how much traffic can a person on his own handle?
And then without knowing what happened because of ToS, I'm not gonna bother, when there is an in game button to handle that?
I mean what is the difference if I do not know what has happened to the player I reported?
Message 36 of 131 (962 Views)

★★★ Pro
@hayhor

And then there is wrong reports. They end up wasting devs time. So why bother a dev when the result is the same of the in game report?
Message 37 of 131 (961 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@HopesKunaiThe TOS states no name shaming on the forums. These users are not being accused but the clear aimbot users. Other reports will have someone checked into. As for the TOS though this only applies to certain things such as these forums. When a live ban is done then its clear indication the person was cheating and was banned. What happens in PM across parties does not apply the TOS rules as its not on a public platform.

Message 38 of 131 (954 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@E9ine_AC

Not to be argumentative, then why EA does not send an email saying a player you reported has been banned with player name on it, if it does not impact ToS?

And that supports my point, if you are a friend with Hideouts, then you have privileged information the average player would never receive?

Also, wouldn't ToS apply to all EA/Respawn team members equally? Say I contact EA asking for the results of a cheat report I submitted, would they tell me anything? I suppose not.

But, iiuc, if you are friends with that dev, or a streamer somehow close to him, then you get to know the results of a cheat report?

Message 39 of 131 (944 Views)

Hero
@HopesKunai I am in no way affiliated with the company or any employee other then generalized conversations. But I get no special perks at all. As for why they dont send a email is not something i can answer. I personally could care less if someone was banned or not ive reported. I just move on to the next game. Even hideouts will not reveal who he has banned anymore. I would guess higher ups did not like how it was being done. So now its completely silence when it comes to who he bans.

We are regular players. While we deserve the same treatments I can understand why big name people get their cases dealt with in timely manor. This is who promotes their game. They hold the viewer counts that make or break the advertisement of the game. It is also their career. This is how they make a living.

Message 40 of 131 (934 Views)