Re: 3 seasons in and people still can't communicate?

by ColdHours

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@hhnbbfggty66 

Your problem is you are an extrovert.
I am an Introvert.
Extroverts need mics.
Introverts do not need mics.

I don't think this is really the problem he's getting at. We all understand that side of of the argument, but I think what he/she is just getting at is that simple verbal communication, as of late, has become infrequent....not venting because some guy didn't say "behind you"... that's all

Heart

Message 11 of 39 (518 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Pro

@hhnbbfggty66I love how you automatically come to the conclusion that I am an Extrovert. To make what I feel should be a quality mechanic in the game something into a personal attack is funny to say the least. Ever heard of an Ambivert? It could be a strong possibility that I am such a thing WinkAlso for the other people you say scream into the mics directing plays may I point out to you a self-centered comment such as yours? And I quote,"Only you mic people need someone to scream in your ear what you should do. Us micless people play by situational awareness. If I need to heal and my health is low I will disengage the fight and ping another area to got my squad will read my play. And cover me as I heal". SO.... people should know what YOU'RE doing and follow the pings YOU make for the benefit on the outcome in gameplay and healing on YOUR terms?  I really could rip into this but seeing as though I already have had talkings to by the overseers of this network I'll let you slide.

Message 12 of 39 (505 Views)

★★ Expert

@Fingrpistols 

I'm wondering if three introverts had mics, would they communicate in game? Thinking It seems to me that there is a fair number of people with this "trait" who say this is why they don't talk in game let alone type and visa vera. I think it would be great if we were given the option to join a game where the only way of communicating is to ping, it would be great for all.

Heart

Message 13 of 39 (504 Views)

★★★ Novice

Wh* d**t ***pl* use vo**e in gam*? I have no idea...

Message 14 of 39 (493 Views)

★ Guide

"I'm wondering if three introverts had mics, would they communicate in game?"

No lol.

I think an introvert would be more likely to open up to a single person opposed to a group of people though.(duos hint hint)

I dont think its that black and white though. I think people are not confident enough to talk because theyre not confident enough @ Apex, Fear of embaressing themselves i guess, I dont think that neccesarilly makes them an introvert.

"I think it would be great if we were given the option to join a game where the only way of communicating is to ping, it would be great for all."

I really dont want to believe that apex has been taken over by introverts lol. I genuinely feel that team based games (over 2 players) just segment the playerbase into thousand of little cliques and groups (which is fine) but it puts a strain on casual players or players that hop in and out of Apex like myself.

Kinda like old school MMOS that required you to form large groups just to get though the games content. It was unsustainable because of the burden it placed on new players....Those games are extinct now btw.

I mean blizzard handles this well by letting you form groups at the welcome screen, You could click LFG and type Must have mic or Gold players only or whatever the criteria is. This game doesnt have many social features built in so im just gonna blame it on that.

Message 15 of 39 (473 Views)

★★ Expert

+1

lol

yeah, one or two options would be nice. Was hoping solo/dual would have been added...buuuuuut, maybe that'll happen when KC returns..Thinking

Heart

Message 16 of 39 (465 Views)

★ Apprentice

Imean i would talk every game, but the encoding is bit too bad for me to understand  others.

Usually i end up adding into origin friend list and hopping into discord.

If they would make ingame voice much better im sure more would start using it, myseld included...right now i have it muted not because toxicity but because i cant understand that well what they are saying anyways...

Message 17 of 39 (438 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@jumanjaydazed "but I think what he/she is just getting at is that simple verbal communication, as of late, has become infrequent" ... She Wink Heart

Message 18 of 39 (426 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@hhnbbfggty66 ''the best players do not use mics''

Yes, they do.
Message 19 of 39 (418 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Apex ingame voice is atrociously bad. If I want to be heard I have to literally shout and ppl still complain I'm too silent. Half of other ppl are also too silent (and I already setup my volumes so that voice chat volume is 100% and others are at 40, I bet that a lot of other ppl didn't even do that - I can hear others, but they can't hear me). And the other half are cutting off some of the words. It's usable, but just barely, and with excruciating effort. I can see why most ppl who are used to talking in other games would not use this ingame voice at all - it's just not worth it.

I've been playing with mic most of my games yesterday (btw, when I talk, others talk too - try that maybe, if you really need ppl talking, then start yourself.  I have no reservations about being the only one talking, but that does get others to talk too quite often (although in general, I prefer the silence, so I don't talk and the others don't either - perfect)) and I can't remember a single game where all 3 of us were able to understand each other. At most we had 2 ppl who were comprehensible and the 3rd one had Apex-related voice problems.

Also, as said many times before - the other reason is quite simple too - if I don't feel like talking, I won't talk.

P.S. Why is there no outgoing voice volume slider in options? If ppl who appear too silent to other could add more volume through ingame options, I'm sure a lot of problems would be easily solved... 

Message 20 of 39 (387 Views)