2042 Preorder exclusives?

by AoH-XinXiu

Original Post

Re: 2042 Preorder exclusives?

★★★★★ Apprentice

I pay a yearly subscription, and the last game I really wanted from EA was Anthem, and we all saw how that went.

Yes, I've played a few other games in between, but realistically I get 1 game  (maybe 2 if I'm lucky) a year that I'm interested in.

So what you've paid, to keep the game forever, vs what I pay each year to carry on playing, it's kind of swings and roundabouts.

Message 11 of 46 (420 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Exactly.... Why should the subscription who might play for a month get the same things as ultimate edition? Idk i guess I'll never get marketing tactics. 

Message 12 of 46 (391 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@AoH-XinXiuIt is as @R1ckyDaMan19 stated, you get to keep the full-paid version forever.

From EA DICE perspective, it is guaranteed income vs a one-time purchase. Year-to-year subscribers are paying $180 for access to a bunch of stuff, including BF2042, versus the one-time $110. A steady income stream is always more preferable to businesses and EA DICE is no different.

Message 13 of 46 (380 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@carsono311 you can stop that subscription at any time though.
Message 14 of 46 (358 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@AoH-XinXiu I may be wrong but if you stop the subscription, don't you lose access to the games you don't own?
Message 15 of 46 (352 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@AoH-XinXiuYes, and @Tromey66 is correct as well. Letting your subscription expire would also effectively stop your access to games you have not purchased directly.

EDIT:  I think I get your point now.  Many people in this day and age lose track of the things they are subscribed to and if you view it from a recouping cost perspective, it would only take roughly 8 months for EA DICE to cover MSRP.

Message 16 of 46 (346 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Right but what is with giving them the same skins we are supposed to get for pre-ordering ultimate edition. You should get something to stand out. I'm saying it should be exclusive. Like only people who played in the rocket league beta got special toppers and wheels and stuff. There is no other way to get or earn it. 

Message 17 of 46 (314 Views)

★★★ Pro
@AoH-XinXiu Then I should get stuff to stand out for having yearly ea play Pro subscriptions instead of skimping on a single game?
Message 18 of 46 (288 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I wouldnt call spending $110 on a single game skimping.... You are renting games for $100 a year. 

Message 19 of 46 (255 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@AoH-XinXiu Do you honestly think a single payment of $110, is more profitable for a company than renting games for $100 a year?

If EA doesn't release any more decent games, but I want to play BF 2042 through its lifetime, which may be 3-4 years, I have to carry on paying the subscription purely to play BF. Or , alternatively, I could cancel it, and buy the game again, so essentially paying twice for it.
Message 20 of 46 (249 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help