2042 Preorder exclusives?

by AoH-XinXiu

Original Post

Re: 2042 Preorder exclusives?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@UP_HawxxeyeOf course you are right. I do not think anyone here disagrees with that.

However, EA DICE clearly did not do that with BFV.  I was pretty incredulous when I saw it on sale so quickly… and I knew what it meant.

So with that said, you should do what you think is best as it relates to BF2042. Many people, myself included, have pre-ordered the game and we understand the risks associated.

Message 41 of 46 (194 Views)

★★ Expert

@carsono311 Wrote

people, myself included, have pre-ordered the game and we understand the risks associated.

————————————————————-

Its only money 😀 and not that many compared to other things in life.

Im going to go for the standard some time after release and the buy passes. 

Message 42 of 46 (178 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@SirBobdk Indeed, but it should be used wisely and that is not always what we do… heh.
Message 43 of 46 (172 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@UP_HawxxeyeI read your post just fine. You say it's a buyer's right to do with their money as they will. True. It's also a company's right to do what they will with their money and products, too. If you were being forced to buy it, it would be a different conversation, but you are not.

You want to use government force to make people give you want you want--even though you have no investment to risk, you never did any hiring, didn't research for the game, never developed any part of it, didn't build the headquarters, never hired contractors to get work done, didn't do any coding, graphic design, promotions...or anything else. They did all of the work, and spent all of the money to make it happen, and you walk in and say that government should force (bully) them to sell it to you the way you personally prefer. Sorry, but it doesn't work that way.

Companies--which are made up of equally-created people, just like you and I--should be able to sell and promote their products any way they choose. And you should never be forced to buy anything you don't want. That's freedom, on both sides.

Again, if you don't like the way a company does their business, you have the freedom to keep your money and not buy it--or buy something else, or nothing. No one is forcing you to do a single thing. You simply want to be able to force companies to do what you want, by your own personal standards--and I completely disagree with that.

The only question is this: Are you going to stand by your principles, and not buy it until you have done your homework on the game (as any consumer should), or are you going to cave and preorder it to get the incentives being offered (which is why they are offered, in the first place)?

It's your choice. Choose wisely.

Message 44 of 46 (169 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@ChugKendallMyself 2 years ago would had pre ordered.
Myself now will chose to wait and see.
Even if I am almost sure I will buy it at some point (once I get my next PC or if we get another bargain), I do not want to contribute to their pre order numbers.
Plus thanks to the blooming Ethereum miners, the GPUs have not yet droped in reasonable prices for the PC I plan to build.

Message 45 of 46 (148 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@UP_Hawxxeye I respect your choice to stand on your principles. Always do what you feel is best for you.
Message 46 of 46 (126 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help