Re: 2 weeks to long i hate kings canyon

by KelRiever

Original Post

2 weeks to long i hate kings canyon

★★★ Newbie

I hate kings canyon bring back worlds edge. Go back to rotating every couple of hours. i wont play the game unless its worlds egde. kings canyon is trash only good if its the night one. Guess i will play now in 9 days. This sucks...

Message 1 of 29 (985 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

You were quick to make up your mind. It's only temporary since they added new stuff to the map, after it ends it'll go back to regular intervals of rotation. I'm not the biggest fan of Kings Canyon, but I did have fun dropping in the new areas which aren't very overcrowded surprisingly. If your really not interested in Kings Canyon, maybe try getting on to at least try getting the treasure packs, but I really want to know, what is it of Kings Canyon that you hate? The POIs or the layout of zones?

Message 2 of 29 (951 Views)

★ Guide
@CABOOZEE2 Half the map is open field with 1-2 rocks as the only cover, 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. and 8. parties are even worse than on World's edge, you can barely end a fight without a new team showing up. Buildings are small af with a 2. floor max, you can play a lot more around your movement in Worlds Edge. And come on, they added 3 new small areas to the map, 2 weeks to check them out? Took me 10 games to figure out what everything looks like now lol
Message 3 of 29 (907 Views)

★★ Guide

I'm dying to see how Loba plays in World's Edge... 

Message 4 of 29 (897 Views)

★ Pro
@TXC_Rafael better than waiting for nothing in 15 min nad KC have tactic play more than WE.
Message 5 of 29 (869 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@CABOOZEE2 wrote:

You were quick to make up your mind. It's only temporary since they added new stuff to the map, after it ends it'll go back to regular intervals of rotation. I'm not the biggest fan of Kings Canyon, but I did have fun dropping in the new areas which aren't very overcrowded surprisingly. If your really not interested in Kings Canyon, maybe try getting on to at least try getting the treasure packs, but I really want to know, what is it of Kings Canyon that you hate? The POIs or the layout of zones?

I don't hate KC myself but these are the reasons i dislike it compared to Worlds edge.

-No massive buildings.

-Feels like i get 3rd partied way more then worlds edge.

-Stupid birds that make noice.

-no more wetlands :< ( loved to drop here. ) ( before that i loved cascades. )  they seem to love to take away my faf drop spots.

-Feels like the loot is terrible.

-feels like KC has way more insane camping spots that are verry hard to push.

-In KC it feels like your back is against the wall way faster then in Worlds edge.

Besides i don't understand why they remove the spots people liked to drop ( skulltown / cascades / wetlands ). And then don't touch places like swamps and water treatment where hardly anyone drops. Skulltown was a mess yes. But there was always a lot of teams that wanted to drop there. I realy liked the choice IF i wanna drop in the mess or not.  Now they removed the choice...

Message 6 of 29 (860 Views)

★ Guide
@xMaxrayx Idk how ya'll playing saying you have to wait ages for a fight. I'm always landing contested in pubs, fight the first team/s and after I'm not looting anything. takes me 5 minutes to find the next squad in the worst case, just don't waste time looting bins and houses, loot players.
Message 7 of 29 (852 Views)

★★★ Expert

No, lol, sorry!  There's nothing but drop and die or hide in KC.

You actually have to think on World's Edge to play it.

And this King's Canyon is so not better than other versions.  How many times, by the way, are they going to try to resurrect this Frankenstein Monster?  I get it...it was the first Apex map, but we're way beyond that now.  WE fixed everything wrong with KC and is far better.  But Apex just wants to keep editing KC over and over and over again.

At some point, Epic, you just have to realize it's a bad map.  Bring it back for nostalgia sure.  But it isn't a serious map.  And if you had put the work into a new map instead of constantly trying to rework KC, we'd have new content by now.

Message 8 of 29 (846 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I agree. I like it when i have actually have time to loot after a fight then just immediately getting thrown into another one. I'm not a good player by any means  but it is nice to relax for a spell. Plus the sound of the churning magma is strangely soothing.

Message 9 of 29 (822 Views)

★★ Guide

Worlds edge is an infinitely better map, look wise and play wise

Message 10 of 29 (812 Views)