One time account verification every time I log in.

by CanShield

Original Post

One time account verification every time I log in.

★★★ Newbie

Greeting, All

As the title states It is curious that I am required to verify my pc log into the game, an online account every time. It is concerning I am required to disclose such information repeatedly, yet EA/Bioware seems inept at keeping record of such data. Even though both state I am verified each time. I ask that EA/Biowar Refund the time lost to each player no matter the problem since they seem pursuant in creating time wasting formats.

Cheers, Lost in Time.

Message 1 of 6 (1,341 Views)

Re: One time account verification every time I log in.

Hero

@CanShield

If you want to no longer have to do the one time account verification then you would need to add a security key to your account.  It is free for any android or iPhone and any windows authentication app will work. This will not only stop you from having to do the email verification, you will also get 100cc free each month for having it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 2 of 6 (1,325 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I am not a fan of disclosing even more personal data if I am able to. I mean they eventually get it all, but I would rather they have to work; for it at a cost to them.

Do, or do not their is no try.

Message 3 of 6 (1,307 Views)

Hero

@CanShield

I understand what your saying however if your looking for any kind of compensation you would have to request that via phone.

As for the issue at hand adding the security key is the only way to no longer have to do the one time password. That in itself is a security measure to help protect your account.

The security key app doesn't require any personal information. All you need to do is download and run the app and add the serial number it provides to your account. After it syncs up you'll be presented a random number each time you pull it up to enter when you log in.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 4 of 6 (1,288 Views)

@CanShield

Unfortunately in todays world and having to cater for those that inadvertently get hacked , it is a security measure to protect peoples accounts.

See this Link on the security key , if you dont have a smartphone WinAuth works on the PC

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 5 of 6 (1,277 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Like many online security systems the SWTOR one time password will recognize when you're on a connection you haven't used before, if you're receiving the one time account verification extremely often then it's likely your ISP has you on a dynamic IP address in which case every time you are trying to log on your IP address is different.

This is probably an issue with how your internet connection is set up and nothing to do with the game.

Message 6 of 6 (1,269 Views)