Can't add subscription on swtor.com

by 123FxM

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't add subscription on swtor.com

★★★ Newbie

Cant seem to buy gametime on swtor.com due to a linked ea account never had this problem before? It says 

There is an issue with your Electronic Arts account which will prevent SWTOR purchases until resolved. Please contact customer support (https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/star-wars/star-wars-the-old-republic/swtor-support) for further assistance.

my account name is FXMARS and my ea account is 123FXM

I tried resetting all passwords multiple times but that didnt do the trick. Also tried incognito mode

Does anyone have any other ideas? Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 5 (449 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't add subscription on swtor.com

[ Edited ]

@123FxM 

Account linkage is permanent and the EA accounts should not be combined as that breaks the swtor account permanently as well

Best to call swtor support when the lines are open they can change the email on that linked account 

otherwise you need to open a ticket at help.ea.com for an origin account you cant access and see if you can update the email that way

See https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Technical/INFO-Getting-Help-and-Board-Guidlines/td-p/48...

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (387 Views)

All Replies

@123FxM 

You need to reset the password on the linked EA account that account has the persona playerpi336iqu (not 123FxM your posting on now) that EA account uses a Hotmail email 

use the following link to reset the password then login on that EA account to fix the swtor account for purchasing

for future purchases, use incognito mode on chrome initially if you purchase on swtor.com to be sure browser cache and cookies is cleared

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 2 of 5 (407 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for your answer. I was afraid of that. That probably is the ea account that swtor made automaticly but the problem is that email account got hacked and I have no acces to it. I switched my swtor account to my new gmail but apparently that didnt transfer to my ea account. Is there a way to connnect my swtor account to my proper ea account? Or can I acces it with steam? Or can I combine those ea accounts? 

Thanks in advance

Message 3 of 5 (392 Views)

[ Edited ]

@123FxM 

Account linkage is permanent and the EA accounts should not be combined as that breaks the swtor account permanently as well

Best to call swtor support when the lines are open they can change the email on that linked account 

otherwise you need to open a ticket at help.ea.com for an origin account you cant access and see if you can update the email that way

See https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Technical/INFO-Getting-Help-and-Board-Guidlines/td-p/48...

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 4 of 5 (388 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for your time managed to fix it by contacting their customer support and they were able to help me

Message 5 of 5 (369 Views)