Re: Roomate race complete no roomate

by ChristineXe

Original Post

Roomate race complete no roomate

★★ Novice

Hello

I completed all tasks on time, but didn't get the roomate. Did anyone experienced a similar trouble? I got really annoyed because I spent the whole day on it for nothing

Message 1 of 4 (684 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

The roommate race quest is split into five chapters. Each chapter unlocks after 24 hours. You say you spent "the whole day" doing it, so it’s likely that you only completed Chapter One and still have chapters 2-5 left to do.

It is impossible to finish the quest in a day, since it takes 24h after you first begin the quest for chapter 2 to unlock (no way to rush this). 48 hr for chapter 3 to unlock, 72h for chapter 4 to unlock and 96h for chapter 5 -the last chapter- to unlock.

The minimum amout of time you could theoretically finish the quest is 4 days since if you finish a chapter early, you have to wait until the 24h timer runs out before being able to start the new chapter. 

Look in your “Quest" stacks again. The roommate quest should still be there, because you haven’t finished the quest. You’ve only finished a chapter

Hope it helps!

Message 2 of 4 (652 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for the reply, but I made all five chapters. It I took me longer than a day. But chapter 5 was especially long, I was not there when she finished to mix the cupcakes (last task), but she would have finished on time. Maybe that was the problem.

Message 3 of 4 (636 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

No worries! 

Aww yes you needed to not only do the last mixing task but also click the pink checkmark at the end and collect the rewards after doing it, otherwise the game won’t recognize that you finished the quest. Kind of like the Llamazoom truck - you aren’t technically finished until you click "Collect Rewards". Sounds like you didn’t before the timer ran out - that really sucks! 

You’ll have to wait till the roommate quest pops back up on your game again, or spend the 175 simCash to unlock the 3rd sim slot. (Luckily they have the money tree offer going on right now that gives 250 simCash instantly, and then 350 over the next 7 days, and it‘s the cheapest pack I’ve seen on the game - only $3)

I’m so sorry about that :/

Message 4 of 4 (630 Views)